Drink Craft Beer Summerfest
Friday, July 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Saturday, July 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM (EDT)
Summer is a time for many things, among them great beer, good times with friends and delicious food! In that spirit, Drink Craft Beer brings you our second annual Summerfest: A Celebration of Farmhouse Ale! Last year was a complete sell out so be sure to get your tickets soon!
Drink Craft Beer Summerfest: A Celebration of Farmhouse Ale
July 12th & 13th
Space 57 200 Stuart St Boston, MA
Session 1 - Friday, July 12th: 6-9:30pm
Session 2 - Saturday, July 13th: 1-4:30pm
Session 3 - Saturday, July 13th: 6-9:30pm
Why Join Us At Summerfest?
Drink Craft Beer Summerfest focuses on New England-made Farmhouse Ales and Saisons. By attending, you’ll be able to sample 70+ Farmhouse Ales and summer beers from 25 of New England’s best craft brewers! Many of these brews are being made specifically for this event or being released here.
Additionally, you can sample and purchase from several local food vendors.
- There are no refunds OR exchanges.
- All attendees must be 21+ with a valid ID. Nobody will be allowed into the building who is under 21 or who doesn't have a valid ID.
- Tickets will be emailed by Eventbrite. You must bring this ticket to the event where it will be scanned.
- You can transfer tickets using Eventbrite.
- We give no entry guarantee if you buy your ticket from a reseller.
Why Farmhouse Ale?
Traditionally farm hands in Belgium (aka saisonnieres) would drink a light, low alcohol beer during the summer provided by the farm owner. Over time these beers developed into the style we now know as Farmhouse Ales or Saisons. Effervescent and refreshing, Saison is the perfect beer for summer. In recent years New England has seen a proliferation of brewers making Saison, each with his or her own version of this highly interpretive style. We thought it was time to celebrate these brewers, this delicious style of beer and summer itself!
How Much Does It Cost?
For only $50 you’ll get admittance to one session and:
- Unlimited 2oz samples of 70+ Farmhouse Ales and summer beers from 25 New England craft brewers!
- Biodegradable tasting cup
- Fest Guide
Brewers Coming to Summerfest
- Night Shift Brewing Co. (MA) (Brewery Sponsor)
- FEST BEER - Arnie - Arnold Palmer inspired beer. A saison brewed with the zest and juice of meyer lemons, white wine barrel aged with tea from MEM Tea and then blended with Kombucha brewed with Urban Farm Fermentory. (7.0%)
- Honeydew - Hoppy saison fermented with freshly juiced honeydew melons. (7.0%)
- Ever Weisse - Berliner Weisse style sour ale aged on strawberries, kiwis, and dried hibiscus flowers. (5.5%)
- Somer Weisse - Berliner Weisse style sour ale brewed with lemongrass and ginger root. (5.5%)
- Viva Habanera - Rye ale brewed with agave nectar and aged on fresh habanero peppers. (7.0%)
- Urban Farm Fermentory (ME) (Brewery Sponsor)
- One-Off Farmhouse Cidahs - Three different versions of belgian-style and farmhouse ciders: saison, belgian yeast & warehouse yeast. One to be released per session (6.8%)
- Sour Cidah - Spontaneously fermented fresh-pressed Maine apples fermented until they're bone dry, then soured. (6.8%)
- Kombucha - Another of UFF's specialties, this is a tea fermented to be slightly alcoholic. Both Blueberry and Ginger versions. (1.5%)
- Allagash Brewing Co. (ME)
- Allagash White - Their best seller, a traditional witbier. (5.0%)
- Allagash Saison Rye - Farmhouse ale made with rye. (7.9%)
- Allagash Curieux - Bourbon barrel aged Belgian tripel. (11.0%)
- Backlash Beer (MA)
- Convergence - Belgian-style saison. (7.5%)
- Declaration - Belgian-style IPA. (7.2%)
- Bantam Cider (MA)
- Smokey Saison - Smoked apples fermented with a French Saison yeast. (?%)
- Rojo - Apples fermented with an ale yeast and finished with sour cherries and black peppercorns. (?%)
- Wunderkind - Apples fermented with a sparkling wine yeast and a hint of flower-blossom honey. (6%)
- Battle Road Brewing Co. (MA)
- Barrett's Farmhouse Ale - Straw-gold rustic saison “on lees." Spicy, fruity yeast profile with pedigreed noble hops. (5.5%)
- 1775 Tavern Ale - Light to medium bodied dry, unfiltered pale ale hopped with a single varietal, Slovenian Styrian Goldings. (5.4%)
- Lexington Green East India Pale Ale - Dry and crisp IPA, with a clean malt delivery and a burst of hop flavor, and even more aromatics of Chinook, Centennial and Cascade hops. (5.7%)
- Boston Beer Works (MA)
- Apricot Saison - Belgian farmhouse ale conditioned on apricot puree. (5.0%)
- Summer Wit - Belgian Witbier fermented with a Belgian yeast and conditioned on Grains of Paradise and Amarillo hops. (5.0%)
- Summer Works - Watermelon Ale, a golden ale with a subtle hint of watermelon essence. (5.0%)
- Rosemary Imperial Pale Ale - Strong, extra hoppy American Pale Ale conditioned with fresh rosemary sprigs. (7.5%)
- Cambridge Brewing Co. (MA)
- Sgt. Pepper - Farmhouse ale with rye malt, Belgian yeast, and four different varieties of peppercorn. (6.0%)
- Le Saisoniere - Grisette-style saison with oats and buckwheat. Very dry and refreshing. (4.0%)
- Bachelor's Buttons - Saison with wheat, rye, and Vienna malts. Hopped with Styrian Goldings and Saaz, dryhopped with whole leaf Tettnanger. (6.3%)
- Jack Straw - Barrel-fermented 100% Brettanomyces blond ale. Spicy and dry with tropical fruit notes and a tart finish. (5.25%)
- Cody Brewing Co. (MA)
- Honey Gingah Pale Ale - Pale ale made brewed with honey & ginger. (4.5%)
- SOS Farmhouse Ale - Hoppy farmhouse ale. (5.5%)
- Original Amber Ale - American amber ale. (5.9%)
- Spring Saison made with Lemon Mint - Belgian-style saison with lemon and mint. (?%)
- Downeast Cider House (MA)
- Antoine Dod-saison - What do you get when you ferment apple cider with a saison yeast? This! Made just for Summerfest. (9.5%)
- Original Blend - A secret blend of Red Delicious, McIntosh, Cortland, and Gala apples pressed and fermented. (5.1%)
- Cranberry Blend - A twist on Original Blend, this one is mad with New England cranberries. (4.9%)
- Enlightenment Ales (MA)
- Illumination - Farmhouse IPA. (6.8%)
- Day Trip - Extra hoppy golden ale. (4.7%)
- Enlightenment Brut - Biere de Champagne. (11.0%)
- Foolproof Brewing Co. (RI)
- La Ferme Urbaine Farmhouse Ale - Saison with a complex blend of German hops, pilsener and pale malts, wheat, rye, oats, and spelt. (7.8%)
- Barstool Golden Ale - Not to malty, not too hoppy golden ale with English and Czech hops. (4.5%)
- Backyahd IPA - Aggressively hopped American IPA. (6.0%)
- Harpoon Brewery (MA)
- Harpoon Red Saison - A session-strength Red Saison brewed on Harpoon's pilot system just for Summerfest. (?%)
- Harpoon Summer Beer - A German-style Kolsch, more like a lager than an ale. (4.8%)
- Harpoon IPA - Malty sweetness, bitterness and floral hops define this American IPA. (5.9%)
- High & Mighty Beer (MA)
- Fumata Bianca - Smoked White Rye. (4.5%)
- Pas de Dieux - Old School Saison. (4.5%)
- XPA - Xtra Pale Ale. (4.9%)
- Idle Hands Craft Ales (MA)
- Blanche de Grâce - Belgian Wit. (5.4%)
- D'aison - Dark Saison. (6.7%)
- Pandora - Belgian Pale Ale. (6.0%)
- Red Herring - Hoppy Red. (7.0%)
- Mystic Brewery (MA)
- Hazy Jane Summer Saison - Belgian-style saison. (?%)
- Mystic Table Beer - Saison-style table beer. (4.3%)
- Wiggleworth Series Welkin Ringer E.S.B. - English-style extra special bitter. (5.8%)
- Notch Brewing (MA)
- Notch Saison - Workers' strength saison with Massachusetts-grown wheat. (3.8%)
- Notch Saison (cask conditioned) - Dry hopped with Sterling & Crystal hops. (3.8%)
- Notch Brett Saison - Brettanomyces yeast fermentation blend. (4.0%)
- Notch Session Pils - A Czech Lager that salutes the unfiltered lagers of the Czech Republic: crisp, herbal, and hoppy. Known as "workers" or "tap" beer. (4.0%)
- Portico Brewing Co. (MA)
- Fuzzy Logic - Weiss-Kolsch. (5.4%)
- Saison Charrette - Belgian-style saison aged on chamomile. (6.0%)
- Mr E - Old school sarsaparilla ale. (5%)
- Rising Tide Brewing Co. (ME)
- Lyra - Entrepôt series Cabernet Sauvignon barrel aged saison. (8.9% ABV)
- SuSpense - Entrepôt series small batch rye saison. (5.3% ABV)
- Calypso - Entrepôt series small batch saison brewed with 100% maine grown barley and 100% Calypso hops. (3.5% ABV)
- Spinnaker Hefeweizen - Bavarian-style wheat beer. (4.5% ABV)
- RiverWalk Brewing Co. (MA)
- Gnomad - American Farmhouse Ale. Clean, crisp, bright and drinkable. (7.5%)
- Charon - Dark saison brewed with start anise especially for Summerfest. Not available anywhere else. (6.8%)
- Screendoor Summer Ale - Frothy, hoppy wheat ale dry hopped with Cascade hops. (5.5%)
- The Tap Brewing Co. (MA)
- Field Guide Farmhouse Ale - Belgian-style saison. (6.7%)
- Sassy Rabbit Rye Ale - Hoppy rye ale. (5.6%)
- Leather Lips IPA - Sessionable American IPA. (5.0%)
- Trillium Brewing Co. (MA)
- Trillium - Belgian-style farmhouse ale. (6.4%)
- Wakerobin - Heavily hopped red rye farmhouse ale. (7.4%)
- Two Roads Brewing Co. (CT)
- Worker’s Comp Saison - A traditional farmhouse ale made with a very expressive yeast strain that contributes an array of tropical fruit, spice flavors and aromatics. (4.8%)
- Ol’Factory Pils - Traditional German pilsner, dry hopped. (5.0%)
- No Limits Hefeweizen - A traditional Bavarian hefeweizen. (5.0%)
- Road 2 Ruin Double IPA - An assertive, hop-centric Double IPA with a lean malt backdrop. (7.2%)
- Watch City Brewing Co. (MA)
- MonkeyMonk Saison - Belgian-style saison made with local, savory lemon verbena. (6.0%)
- Clockwork Summer Ale - Ale with orange, lemon and tangerine peel. (5.1%)
- Uprooted Belgian Carrot Ale - Belgian-style ale made with carrots. (5.1%)
- Wormtown Brewery (MA)
- ALS Farmhouse Fundraiser - Saison brewed with alesforals.com hop blend. $1 / pint donated to ALS research. (?%)
- MassWhole Hefeweizen - Bavarian style wheat beer with all ingredients grown in Massachusetts. (4.9%)
- Blonde Cougar Summer - American blonde ale. (5.1%)
- Be Hoppy IPA - West Coast style IPA (6.5%)
What Food Will Be Available?
More than just beer, Drink Craft Beer is all about great food as well. With that in mind, we want to provide you with some local and delicious food options to eat with your beer!
- Roxy's Grilled Cheese (for purchase)
- Awesome, off-the-wall grilled cheese.
- Chicken & Rice Guys (for purchase)
- Exactly what it sounds like, delicious chicken & rice!
- Grillo's Pickles (for sample and purchase)
- Delicious locally-made pickles, including hop pickles.
- Q's Nuts (for sample and purchase)
- Local gourmet nut roaster.
- Union Sq. Donuts (for purchase)
- Eat craft donuts! Great flavors.
When & Where
Drink Craft Beer
Drink Craft Beer is an organization dedicated to promoting the enjoyment of craft beer. Beer is a drink meant to be consumed socially, with friends while enjoying life and food. We want to help people discover new beers and flavors they may have never thought of before.