[Teens & Adults // Aged 16+]
Instructor: Tristin Miller
Tuesdays from 7p - 9p
10 January - 28 February, 2017
Drawing for Beginners and Beyond
This class is suitable for anyone who wants to learn how to draw from observation or wants to expand upon their drawing skills. The foundations of drawing will be the mail emphasis over the eight week course and students will work from still-lifes of varying complexity. The sketchbook will be encouraged to use on a regular basis outside of the classroom so that the student can strengthen or develop a daily creative practice.
- 8.5 x 11" sketchbook (no smaller)
- 18 x 24" drawing pad of white paper
- A notebook for notes
- Assortment of pens (ball point, ink, Sharpies, etc.)
- Full set of drawing pencils ranging from 4H-9B
- Vine charcoal & compressed charcoal -- vine is lighter in weight, and compressed is denser and compact -- have one pack of each
- Kneaded Eraser and Pink Pearl eraser
- Charcoal Pencils
- Masking Tape
Students must provide their own materials, and may bring supplies from home. Tools/materials are available for purchase at Shelf Life. All students currently enrolled in a class at Shelf Life receive 15% off their purchase of any art supplies.
About the Instructor:
Tristin Miller has been fasscinated with drawing and painting since childhood. She later went on to receive a BFA in Painting & Drawing from UNCG and has been teaching youth and teen art classes, adult drawing and painting courses, and the PAGE by PAGE: Building the Sketchbook Habit workshop since 2012. Miller's work has been shown locally and regionally.
"RULE SIX: Nothing is a mistake. There's no win and no fail, there's only make." -John Cage