Actions and Detail Panel
Drakes Beach Survey Apr. 4
Tue, April 4, 2017, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM PDT
Join a beach survey and help clean our coastlines while collecting data for a national program!
Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary has partnered with NOAA’s Marine Debris Program and the Office of Response and Restoration in a pilot project to monitor and record marine debris. Not only is this the first project along the coast to begin monthly documentation of debris along sanctuary shores, but data from our volunteer-led surveys help inform local, regional, and national management efforts.
Summary of Volunteer work:
- Each month we take groups of volunteers to a permanent 100m plot located at Drakes Beach
- Each survey lasts about 2 hours and involves the recording and removal of all debris items within each 100m plot
- All training and equipment will be provided (gloves, trash bags etc.)
- Transportation is not provided, public transport and carpooling is encouraged. Contact Kate Bimrose (info. below) for possible ride sharing from San Francisco
- We work to ensure that volunteers have fun while learning about the scope of the marine debris problem and protecting our beaches
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please feel free to contact- Kate Bimrose
firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)-970-5245
Learn about our program: