Actions and Detail Panel
Down to Earth Birth: Making Space for the Baby
Fri, Sep 30, 2016, 8:30 AM – Sun, Oct 2, 2016, 5:00 PM PDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Our Class is FULL! Thank you, East Bay!!!
Think of this as a Pelvic Retreat.
Rotating the ishium, rocking the sacrum, lengthening the psoas.
Your body will wonder why you haven't done this before.
19 Contact Hours!
This program has been approved by MEAC (Midwifery Education and Accreditation Council for CPM recertification) for a total of nineteen (19) contact hours, the equivalent of
1.9 CEUs. Most doulas can also use MEAC for recertification (DONA and more).
A 3-day experiential workshop for birth workers, bodyworkers, and parents-to-be
(with a 2-day short cut option)
Creative Ways of Making Space for the Baby
- Jenny Blyth and Fiona Hallinan midwives from Australia re-introduce you to your pelvis!
Be in your body. Be safe and be welcomed:
Extraordinary blend of body knowledge, body awareness, body work and profoundly attentive tender touch - Appreciated by hundreds of parents-to- be, midwives, doulas, osteopaths, chiropractors, and bodyworkers.
Practical and do-able in any birth environment.
Jenny and Fiona creatively weave complex anatomy and soft tissue knowledge into easy yet highly effective hands-on body skills. Their unique perspective is delivered in a relaxed, Australian style.
This is a body of fundamental knowledge missing from conventional (professional) midwifery, doula and birth education training. All of this information can be easily passed on and shared.
Whatever your background, you'll discover a new approach here.
Delve deeper and positively enhancing your practice. Enjoy lively and warm Australian accents!
Between them, Jenny and Fiona have 60+ years experience of working with birthing women and their bodies, and facilitating workshops.
Register now and keep your costs lower! Click register and get started.
Spend a relaxing learning adventure with these highly intuitive and skilled bodyworkers. Understand more about bodies in relation to birth. Fiona and Jenny have assisted an enormous number of women to connect with, understand, admire, prepare and heal their sacred pelvic space. Potentially transformative. Expressly pleasurable. Visit the geography of your own body and, in turn, facilitate the awareness of someone else in theirs.
Fiona is a mother of 2, a registered nurse and midwife, and independent birth educator.
Jenny is a mother of 3, grandmother of 2, independent birth worker, educator, author and film maker. Check out the World Birth Hub and see her generous offerings.
Jenny will have some books and DVDs available. Bring cash, as no checks are taken.
Jenny's films & books on natural birth include The Big Stretch DVDs, Birthwork & The Down to Earth Birth Book.
For more detail visit:
Meet Fiona and Jenny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXa9i9r6byo
See scenes from Creative Ways of Making Space for the Baby at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkujFNC781s
East Bay Lactation Associates is warmly sharing their creative space.
Babies in arms and slings but not crawling/walking, please. The space is not huge.
Birth or Bodywork students send Gail Tully a copy of your tuition receipt for a 10% discount. Birth and Bodywork students of Color, self identify yourself on the email to Gail after registration for an additional 10% off. Give her a little time to get back to you on the rebate, please!
I'm pregnant, can I bring my partner?
Pregnant couples who are not birth workers can come together as one registration. An obviously pregnant birth worker or parenting partner of a birth worker may register on the Pregnant Birth Worker ticket. Thank you.
100% refund before August 1. 50% refund by Sept. 1. 25% refund in September. No refunds after Sept 30. No show, no refund unless there was an email before the start. Check the SpinningBabies.com event page to see if there is room at the door before arriving that morning.
You can substitute your registration by emailing gail@SpinningBabies . com and copying the person you substitute on the email, including full name, phone, and address. Please note if they are a birthworker, bodyworker, or a pregnant parent, or other. They pay you. Thank you. Inform us before the workshop, please!
Going to the Spinning Babies 2016 World Confluence the week before in Minneapolis/St. Paul? Get a rebate on your ticket when you show your receipt through an email to Gail@ Spinning Babies .com
Gail Tully is sponsoring this workshop.
East Bay Lactation is the venue.
This workshop is completely that of Jenny Blyth and Fiona Hallinan's.
DAYS 1 & 2
Creating Amazing Space for the Baby
maximising and mobilizing the pelvis
• Feel the bony landmarks and space of the pelvis. Establish your own unique pelvic blueprint.
• Realise your anatomical potential with the experience of dynamic anatomy.
• Learn about where the birth hole is really located, relative to where you assume it is located.
• Use your breath to release tension, increase circulation and optimise space in the pelvis.
• Gain valuable insights in to the multi-dimensional, multi-textured, and multi-layered pelvic floor.
• Learn about soft tissue connections to the cervix and sacrum and how they can help or hinder dilation.
• Learn 3 highly effective multi-directional techniques to release tension in the pelvic floor soft tissues.
• Practice more unique techniques to help correct the positioning and presentation of the baby and release unconscious pelvic tension in pregnancy and birth.
• Learn new manoeuvres to facilitate the descent and rotation of the ‘stuck’ baby (OP, compound, big, posterior, ascynclitic).
• Become confident in communicating about and implementing these techniques.
• Experience the tenderness of attentive respectful touch and its many benefits.
Viva la Vagina!
A full discussion on Internal Vaginal Massage (not touching)
• Release tension from the soft tissue connections in the back wall of the pelvis
• Help resolve or heal previous birth or life trauma
• Soften scars
• Increase confidence and understanding of the pelvic birth space.
How? The considerations when introducing or advising women/couples about internal vaginal massage.
When? Pre-Conception, Pregnancy, Birth, Post Birth, Life
Post Birth Care
Gain deeper understanding of important strategies & considerations for optimal recovery.
• supporting the womb.
• understanding the role of the uterine ligaments.
• using the breath to assist pelvic floor recovery.
• working with prolapse.
• using the reboso to ‘close’ the mother’s body.
Register now. Avoid the rush at the end.