Most founders thrive on and excel at building things. Raising funds is often seen as an unwanted detour into uncharted terrain.
In this session we'll decode the jargon and mysteries that surround fundraising for early stage ventures. We'll use two real-life entrepreneur's route towards their seed round as a framework to cover the stages from funding strategy all the way to the notary.
Key topics that will be covered:
- Who do you sell to? - Understanding Business Angels and VCs
- What do you have on offer? - Getting your pitch deck straight
- How do you approach investors? - Balancing elegance and brute-force salesmanship
- Which levers do you pull? - Making insightful choices on investment terms
- Why does it always take longer? - Understanding the importance of resilience
Our speaker, Jörg Dörnemann, has been working at the intersection of "old" and "new" media for many years – first as a BCG strategy consultant, then as Director Strategy & Research at MTV Networks. In 2007 he joined the leadership team of Holtzbrinck Digital. In 2010 Jörg co-founded and led epubli, a platform for Self-Publishing and Print-on-Demand. He's been working with Google since 2016.