Dooky Dinner to Support Friends of Lafitte Corridor (FOLC)
Thursday, January 10, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CST)
New Orleans, LA
Come enjoy dinner at Dooky Chase's with friends and supporters of the future Lafitte Greenway!
Proceeds support fundraising capacity for Friends of Lafitte Corridor (FOLC), a non-profit that seeks to revitalize the Lafitte Corridor by working to build, program, and promote the Lafitte Greenway as a great public space.
Guest speakers: Jeff Hebert (New Orleans Redevelopment Authority) and David Waggonner (Waggonner & Ball Architects)
Music by Mario Abney
A silent auction will held. Cost of ticket includes dinner.
FOLC envisions a completed public trail and greenway through the Lafitte Corridor which:
- links neighborhoods from Treme to Lakeview;
- provides a safe path of travel for individuals and families between homes, schools, businesses and community resources;
- increases transportation options, especially for people who do not have access to a car;
- provides useful community space to be shaped and used by the residents of neighborhoods adjacent to the Corridor;
- enhances recreational opportunites for all residents and visitors including the elderly and disabled;
- demonstrates best practices in sustainability; and
- educates visitors about the cultural and economic history of New Orleans and the city’s relationship to the larger landscape.
For more information, visit our website at http://folc-nola.org/