Donation Only Child + Infant CPR Class
Sunday, February 24, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EST)
DONATION BASED — PAY ONLY WHAT YOU WISH
Train every caregiver in your child’s life! Parents, grandparents, and baby sitters will learn how to reduce the risk of injury or death by properly identifying emergencies and administering the appropriate life saving measures to infants and children.
participants will learn:
- Skills using their own sanitary baby CPR mannequin.
- Recognizing an Emergency. What are some unusual sights appearances or behaviors in infants that can help you recognize an emergency situation?
- Once you recognize an emergency, remain calm and follow the emergency action steps: Check-Call-Care.
- How to care for a conscious infant who is choking.
- How to administer CPR to a child or infant.
- Prioritizing care. In an emergency with more than one victim, how would you determine which victim needs care first?
*Note: Participants may receive an Official Red Cross certification card for an additional $17 processing fee which will be payable directly to the Red Cross. Arrangements for this can be made during the class.
When & Where
Sheri Koetting-Levitt, in loving memory of Tyler
Last year, my childhood friend and the best man at my wedding lost his son, Tyler, to SIDs. Although there was nothing that could have been done, I remember Tyler's mother mentioning that everyone should get certified in infant and child CPR. I've always wanted to certify myself, my husband, my mother, mother-in-law, nanny, etc., but at $75 a head it really adds up!
I've found an amazing Red Cross instructor, Bo Nobel, who is willing to donate his time. Thanks to Bo and Long Island City Kids for the gracious use of their space, 100% of all proceeds will go to the New York State Center for Sudden Infant Death. Here they offer education and grief counseling for free.
Even better, every person who joins us and learns child and infant CPR is one more person who may save a life in the future.