Donate to The Shalini Maripuri Foundation
Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 7:00 PM - Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM (EST)
"A life lived for others, is the only life worth living."
- Albert Einstein.
The Maripuri family and friends are honored to continue Shalini's legacy and outreach by launching The Shalini Maripuri Foundation. The Foundation has two very important Mission components.
Hence the Foundation's belief ..... "Making an impact one heartbeat at a time"......
Shalini was passionate in "Paying it Forward" and the Foundation intends to carry that dream forward. In doing so, we hope that the Foundation provides a platform for those of you who would like to participate in the "Pay it Forward" dream. We appreciate the overwhelming support and reinforcement of moving forward with Shalini’s legacy and commitment to the community. We welcome all forms of support to get the Foundation off to a successful start! The Foundation is a non-profit entity that has applied for a 501(c)(3) approval from the IRS (Approval expected shortly). All donations will be tax deductable.
Learn more about the Foundation at its Facebook page.
A bit more background.....
The Shalini Maripuri Foundation continues the legacy of Shalini and further the values that she dedicated herself to in her later years. Shalini was born a "natural" at pleasing others and taking care of those in need. She consistently went out of her way to ensure that those in pain and hardship were cared for. Further more, she cared for others who were not able to take care of their children. She gave back to the community whether it be through church or directly to causes that she truly believed in. Once her kids, Sahil and Sway, left for college she further immersed herself into community activities. Over the last 10 years, Shalini passionately supported several such activities that inspired the Foundation. They include:
• Caring for underprivileged children in need of food, healthcare and education in the community. While she supported local needs in the Southern NH and Massachusetts area, she also drove efforts to support children in India and the Far East.
• Supporting families with kids who may have come into tough times and in need of assistance
• Driving support for St. Judes and MS research for children
• Enabling efforts towards the care and feeding of school aged children in poverty stricken areas of India and the Far East.
• Facilitating numerous other efforts by dedication time and money towards taking care of fellow women and children in need of assistance of all types including driving cancer patients to and from Southern NH to hospitals in Boston.
• Sponsoring churches and forums in countries such as China and Singapore where she would offer her time and financial support for such causes during her various international travels.
Shalini truly touched thousands of lives around the globe during her 49 years. It is tragic that she could not benefit from any preventative testing to diagnose and reduce her risk for heart disease. With her passing, the Maripuri family and friends are determined to amplify Shalini’s legacy and continue to give back to the community. Given her sudden cause of death, they will support the funding of efforts that drive heart disease preventative measures for women.
How can you support the Shalini Maripuri Foundation? Support may include (but not limited to)
- Contributing time and financial resources to the Foundation directly. The Foundation will ensure that all funds are 100% dedicated towards the two primary Mission components.
- Helping organize any fundraising activities driven by the Foundation. The Foundation will strive to conduct at least one annual fund raising event per year in the initial stages to make an impact on its Mission.
- Form self organizing groups in the community and drive activities that further the cause of the Foundation. The Foundation welcomes any resources and funds raised from such self organizing activities.
- Providing feedback and suggestions to further raise the bar on the Mission of the Foundation.
Any and all support is very much appreciated. We are very hopeful to make the Shalini Maripuri Foundation a success. Something that she would have wanted.......
Shalini Maripuri Foundation
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.