Friday, Nov. 25, 2016 - Monday, January 9, 2017 (Closed Dec. 24 & 25); Nightly 5 - 10 p.m.
Tickets are good for any night of Dominion GardenFest of Lights. This is a rain or shine event (no refunds).
On Select Busy Nights During Peak Visitation: We will have a Pre-Purchased Ticket entry for people who have tickets on their phone or in hand for all in their party. This entry will be on nights with anticipated high visitation (Fridays, Saturdays and the week prior to Dec. 25).Our goal is to get you in the Garden as efficiently as possible so you can enjoy the show.
During Non-Peak Visitation Times: Please check in at will-call in the Visitors Center to have your online ticket scanned.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions below the event description for important details to help plan your visit.
A holiday tradition featuring more than half-a-million twinkling lights, hand-crafted botanical decorations, model trains, holiday dinners, warming fire with s’mores and hot chocolate (for purchase); nightly family activities & more. The region’s ultimate holiday extravaganza!
This year’s GardenFest theme explores color: how the world’s kaleidoscope of colors speaks to us, impacts nature and influences culture. Enjoy phenomenal light displays, fascinating exhibits and fun-tastic events, all in Living Color!
See colorful translucent butterflies in flight, stained glass-inspired illuminations, sparkling white light transformed into a brilliant rainbow, floating flowers opening and reaching toward “sunlight,” fields of brightly colored blooms waving in the moonlight, illuminated spheres dancing in the sky and more! Explore Living Color and experience a light-filled adventure glowing with the vibrant hues of our world.
SPECIAL NIGHTS INCLUDE:
Friday, Nov. 25: Dominion GardenFest of Lights Illumination with colorful LED hula hoops demonstrations and the Illumination at 5:30 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 28; Tuesday, Nov. 29; Wednesday, Nov. 30 and Monday, Jan. 9, 2017: Member nights with free admission for members
Thursday, December 1 and Thursday, January 5, 2017: GardenFest for Fidos, leashed pets allowed on these two night only
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2 - 5 p.m. New Year's Eve Family Frolic: Live music with the "Ululating Mummies," take photos with the GardenKeeper, make a party hat and "roll in the New Year" with the annual hillside tumble (weather permitting.)
Merry Mondays: Storytime fireside with the Garden Keeper. "Santa sightings" in the Conservatory (Mondays, 6 - 8 p.m. through Dec. 19). 5 - 8 p.m. Location: Library Reading Room. Supporting Sponsor: M&T Bank
Caroling Tuesdays: Holiday caroling throughout the Garden 6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesdays.
Crafty Wednesdays: Families make water-inspired crafts with staff & volunteers. 5 - 8 p.m. in the Kelly Education Center, Classroom 1 (across from the train room). Supporting Sponsor: M&T Bank
Musical Thursdays: Acoustic musicians perform festive entertainment. 6-7 p.m. & 7:30-8:30 p.m. in the Lora Robins Library.
Learn more about Dominion GardenFest of Lights at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Tickets can be used any night of Dominion GardenFest of Lights. The event is closed December 24 & 25.
- Dominion GardenFest of Lights is a walk-through show. Please dress accordingly.
- The event is rain or shine and is cancelled only in cases of extreme inclement weather. Any closure notices will be posted to the Garden's homepage and on social media.
- Tickets are non-refundable and Garden member tickets are non-transferable.
- Garden Members must be prepared to show member ID card.
- You must have a printed ticket or be prepared to show the ticket on your phone or electronic device.
- Parking is free, but it is limited and may fill up on busy nights. If gates are closed, check back in 30 minutes. Carpooling is encouraged!
- Busiest nights tend to be weekends and the week prior to Dec. 25.
- Outside food and other items may not be brought into the event. See guidelines for planning your visit.
- For questions about the event, please call (804) 262-9887 or email email@example.com