THIS IS A FREE, NON-TICKET EVENT, JUST TURN UP!
What happens when strangers try to make a documentary film in a day (36 hours) without prior planning????
Welcome to the screening event for #LDNDocinaDay! - Doc in a Day, a 36hr documentary film making competition.
We will be taking over Cafe 1001 in Shoreditch to screen and judge the short films submitted for the latest Doc in a Day competition held on 24-25 September.
Here is a link to a one minute promo made from the first competition which gives you an idea of what the competition is like: https://vimeo.com/145333446
Industry professional judges: Thomas Meadmore, Jessie Ayles and Anton Califano - will provide feedback on each film, and select a winner and runner-up.
Format of the evening - approximate:
• 19:00 - Room opens
• 19:30 - Intro to the night and judges
• 19:50 - 4 FILMS screened
• 20:10 - Drinks and chill
• 20:20 - 4 FILMS screened
• 20:40 - Drinks and chill
• 20:50 - 4 FILMS screened
• 21:10 - Drinks and chill, judges choose a winner & runner-up.
• 21:20 - Judges announce top 2 two films, we invite the filmmakers of those teams up for a brief Q&A
• 21:40 - Judges reveal the winner and runner-up, and provide feedback on the other entries
• 22:00 - Drinks and chill for the rest of the evening!
All are welcome to this free event! Feel free to bring friends etc.
NB - for further news/updates, join us on Facebook/Twitter
See you there!