Do Right Dads National Fatherhood Conference: "Fighting for Fatherhood"
Friday, June 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM (EDT)
Miami Gardens, United States
THIS FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND, June 14-16, 2013
The Do Right Dads National Fatherhood Conference "FIGHTING FOR FATHERHOOD"
A weekend filled with activities to strengthen fathers in our community. DON'T MISS OUT!
- Powerful Workshops
- Job Fairs
- Health Screenings
- Black Tie Affair
- Spirit filled breakfast and worship service
- And MORE!
Click the link above to download the entire "Fighting For Fatherhood" conference schedule.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
There is a battle going on out there and we are looking for a few good men and women this Fathers Day Weekend June 14- 16, 2013
Join Fatherz in the Hood and The City of Miami Gardens for the first annual Do Right Dads National Fatherhood Conference, " Fighting for Fatherhood". It's a weekend that you don't want to miss with powerful workshops, job fairs, health screenings, expos, a Black Tie Affair, luncheon panels and a spirit filled breakfast and worship service.
On Friday, educators, law enforcement officers, community based organizations and service providers will participate in certified training workshops that provide best fatherhood practices that will reduce crime by building stronger families and communities. Closing out with a networking reception hosted by the City of Miami Gardens Mayor, Oliver Gilbert and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc .
Join us on Saturday as we kick off with the "State of Fatherhood" address with workshops facilitated by experts that address issues that father's face on the battlefield of life every day. Whether its child support, baby mama drama, restoration of rights, employment, entrepreneurship opportunities, custodial rights or communication, we have something for everyone.
Explore our Fatherhood Empowerment Expo which will include a job fair, health corner and a men extreme make over session. Dance the night away as Fathers escort their Daughters and Sons escort their Mothers to the Do Right Dads Black Tie Ball. Hosted by 99 Jams, special awards will be presented to top Dads from Dade County.
What better way to close out a wonderful weekend, than to have a spirit filled breakfast and worship service on Sunday.
Stay tuned for further information on confirmed presenters, sponsors and surprise guests that have joined our FATHERHOOD MOVEMENT!
If you need information on vending opportunities, group rates or sponsorships, please call Mr Nate Jones at (786) 299-2792.
- Kenneth Braswell | Executive Director of Fathers Incorporated
- Jack Kammer | Program Support Consultant of National Fatherhood Initiative (NFI)
- Etan Thomas | Veteran NBA Player, Author & Activist
- Waldo E. Johnson, Jr. PhD, MSW | Associate Professor of University of Chicago
- Talmadge Willard Fair | President of Urban League of Greater Miami, Inc
- Morris Copeland | Director of the Miami-Dade County Juvenile Services Department
- Fedrick Ingram | President of United Teachers of Dade
Don Shula Hotel - 6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014
Room rate of $89.00 plus 13% sales tax no breakfast included
Individual reservations can be made by:
- Calling: 305-820-8100 or toll free 800-24 SHULA
- E-mail: email@example.com. Reference group code (DAD13)
PARTNERS IN THE MOVEMENT
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Miami Dade County
- City of Miami Gardens Police Department
- South Florida Workforce
- Fatherhood Taskforce of South Florida
- Etan Thomas, NBA Veteran
- 100 Black Men
- Florida Memorial University/Black Male Explorers
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- Girl Power
- Family Central
- Friendship Missionary Baptist Church
- New Birth Missionary Baptist Church