Actions and Detail Panel
DIY Vlogging with Live Video from your Mac
Wed, May 24, 2017, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
DIY Vlogging with Live Video from your Mac is a hands-on learning workshop. Are you trying to flip instruction? or do blended learning. Using live video production techniques with a free tool called Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) can shorten your workflow and increase your production value. You already understand that engaging your students is key. Now level up your videos with some live production techniques.
See this video playlist I've set up lots of small video studios at schools.
Come to learn how to set up your webcam-enabled computer (Mac or Windows) with OBS, so you can record or stream your own videos live while giving them a finished produced look. I will also go over how to add external camera and mic sources to add even higher levels of quality to your videos.
I'm Cliff Rosa. I have put together more than 25 school video broadcast studios. I was a teacher in public schools for more than 14 years. In my education career I was the teacher who loved video. I started my video production business about three years ago making online courses and content marketing campaigns for small businesses. For schools I have a service of setting up and training teachers how to run school video broadcast studios. You can see some samples of my work in school video studios on this YouTube playlist.
The need for a cost-effective relatively simple solution that gives good quality results is important to students, educators, and entrepreneurs. I decided to offer this class to connect with enthusiastic motivated students, teachers, and business people who want to make their own videos. My goal is to show you how to do it, answer your questions, and help many of you take your next steps. I love the idea of bringing together the education world and the entrepreneurial world.
I'll be showing you:
- How to give your streamed videos a finished, produced look on the fly using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) as a virtual live production video switcher.
- How to install Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) on your laptop (Mac or Windows).
- How to set up OBS with an intro/outro video and watermark for your content.
- How to easily get live video from your camera into your computer using a Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder.
- How to live stream your videos to YouTube, Facebook, or record to your hard drive.
DIY Vlogging with Live Video from your Mac is for students who want to push into live video production and for teachers who want to accelerate their move toward flipped instruction. It's for school administrators who want to get a video broadcast going for their school. It is for bootstrapping entrepreneurs who want to get the message out to their prospects but don't yet have the budget to hire anyone else to make their videos.
If you want to get the most from this workshop, you should come with:
- a webcam-enabled Mac or Windows laptop
- downloaded OBS and VLC Player on the laptop
Optional for higher production values, please bring:
- a Thunderbolt equipped computer (Mac made in the last 4 years, some Windows computers as well)
- an external mic, either plugging into your camera with an adapter or into your computer
- a video camera with either HDMI out or SDI out
- a tripod
- a Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder (buy yours here)
- an HDMI cable
- a Thunderbolt cable (buy yours here) Note: Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder requires a USB-C/Thunderbolt adapter for the newest MacBook Pros
Note: You can come with none of the items above to watch the demonstration and maybe even have a little hands-on time. None of the above items is included in the price of the class.
Sign up for DIY Vlogging with Live Video from your Mac to learn how to live edit and live stream your videos and build your online presence.
Cancellation Policy - Reschedule to another of our classes anytime, or cancel anytime up to 7 days before class for 100% refund. Fewer than 7 days notice will result in a 50% refund to cover hard costs. For minimum learning experience, the course should run with five registrants or more. If fewer than five are registered, the class may be cancelled three to seven days in advance, and attendees will be offered seats in the next Rosa Media Productions classes in the area or a full refund.
Required Media Release: Please be aware that Rosa Media Productions (Cliff Rosa, et al) may choose to record electronic and traditional media (e.g., photographs, video, audio footage, testimonials) at this event and attendees may appear in these recordings. By submitting a registration for yourself or someone else, or by attending this event, you grant permission for Rosa Media Productions to store those recordings in a database and to use them in future print, electronic, or other visual media for educational and promotional purposes. All participants will be required to sign media releases upon arrival at the event.
If you need assistance, please contact Cliff Rosa at cliff (at) RosaMediaProductions.com or call 714-485-7948.