This half-day workshop on taking the next step toward untying the knot will cover the legal, financial, family and personal issues that are often encountered during the divorce process. Trained professionals will provide you with knowledge and information you need to know to empower you through the divorce process with confidence and peace of mind.
If you are contemplating divorce or currently overwhelmed with the process, this workshop is for you!
Topics to be Covered:
Legal Issues Presented by a Divorce Attorney
- Your options for the divorce process in MA
- What is Mediation, Collaborative, Litigation and Pro Se and how do they differ?
- Understanding the Alimony Law and Child Support Guidelines
- Protecting Yourself Legally
Understanding the Financial Issues Presented by a Divorce Financial Professional
- Taking an Asset Inventory
- What are considered Marital Assets and how are they divided?
- Do you keep or sell the Marital Home?
- What about retirement? Will I be ok?
- Dealing with a hostile spouse
- Protecting the children
- Strategies for coping with the stress of divorce
- Rebuilding your self-esteem
When & Where
The Divorce Center
The Divorce Center is an organization comprised of professionals (i.e. attorneys, mediators, social workers, financial planners etc.) who provide support and knowledge for those going through separation or divorce. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: www.thedivorcecenter.org