San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Maurice C. Clifford, MD
In 1955, Maurice C. Clifford, MD, joined the faculty of the Woman’s Medical College of Pennsylvania, in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. In 1980, having served as Vice President of Clinical Affairs, he was elected the seventeenth President of the Medical College of Pennsylvania. During his tenure, the College became a nationally recognized center for patient care, research and training.
Dr. Clifford left MCP in 1986 to accept the position of Commissioner of Public Health for the City of Philadelphia. He continued to serve on the board of the College.