DISTRIKT Presents: PRE-DECOMPRESSION 2013
Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM - Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
DISTRIKT 2013 PRE-DECOMPRESSION
Have you pre-decompressed yet? It's key for the success of your DEcompression to PRE-decompress!
Have no fear, DISTRIKT is here to show you how to properly PRE-decompress:
1. Put on those playa boots - yes, the ones that have been sitting in a plastic bag, yet to be dusted off. DO NOT DUST THEM OFF.
2. Put on your favorite playa outfit with the best story attached.
3. Check the mirror for smile. Smiling? Check!
4. Add a dash of some unexpected accessory. Craft night!
5. Recall story attached to costume. Fuzzy memory? Hit self upside the head with a 2x4. Memory back? Check!
6. Come to PUBLIC WORKS at 9pm. Enjoy yummy drink specials/happy hour until 10:30. Get legs & feet warmed up for...
7. DANCE...BOUNCE...HUG...TELL STORY....HUG...BOUNCE...DANCE...HUG! OHMYGOD!...SWEAT...BATHROOM BREAK....DANCE...STORY....HUG! I LOVE YOU!...DANCE...get it?
8. 4AM - your coach turns back into a pumpkin. Sleep. Set alarm for Burning Man Decompression on Sunday!
We had SUCH an unbelievably magical year. Did you? Will you tell us a story if we tell you one? Come dream the dream of slushy drinks and daytime revelry. We can't let it go. So we're bringing it home.
PRE-DECOMPRESS WITH US.
MATT KRAMER (DISTRIKT)
PAUL GEDDES (DISTRIKT)
DUSTY CLOTHING with good stories STRONGLY encouraged!
DISTRIKT is a non-profit electronic music collective and experiment of a few Deep End organizers of years past. Ask any one of us why, and you might get a different answer: giving back to the electronic music and alternative arts community; a desire to throw furious & fierce parties in the desert and elsewhere throughout the year; an urge to provide venues for music, dancing, and other art forms; an arrested development inability to let go and an ambition to try something new.
Our eclectic group of people offer up their talents — be it music making, drink slinging, construction craftiness, technological wizardry, performance art, or benevolent mischief. We live and breathe our ethos year round, and look forward to giving back to the community that has inspired us and bonded us together. This is our culture, this is our art, this is our gift.
We grow our community through new blood, new ideas, and old friends. We provide a venue for music, dance, and alternative art on the playa and beyond at a level of sound and fury you won’t soon forget. We want to gift you with daytime drink, dance, and a great crew of peeps and do what we do best.