Come join representatives from South Carolina Partnerships for Inclusion and the Office of Special Education Services for a FREE workshop. You will gain valuable knowledge, resources, and support to take a step forward towards increasing inclusive opportunities for preschool children in your district.
Through this exclusive opportunity, you will be supported in forming a district-level cross-sector preschool inclusion leadership team and guided through key initial activities. South Carolina Partnerships for Inclusion will also provide continued support and technical assistance, as needed, after this event to assist your leadership team!
Don't wait and REGISTER TODAY!! WE WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THE FIRST 10 TEAMS THAT REGISTER WITH AT LEAST 1 EARLY CHILDHOOD REPRESENTATIVE AND 1 SPECIAL EDUCATION REPRESENTATIVE!!
Goals for District Leadership Day
Each Participant will be inspired and empowered to:
- Develop a strong understanding of what preschool inclusion is and why it matters
- Establish a district-level cross-sector leadership team
- Analyze district's strengths and needs related to preschool inclusion
- Leave with a plan that includes your vision and goals
A Note on Team Composition
In order to be eligible to attend, districts must have AT LEAST 2 PARTICIPANTS sign up as part of their team. One of these individuals must be in an appropriate role to act as representative for early childhood and the other must be in a role to act as a representative for special education. Other than this minimum eligibility requirement, team size and composition may vary.
Please note, however, that the most successful teams typically:
- Include district-level administrators
- Are manageable in size
- Have a variety of roles represented
- Involve others in the community (outside of school district personnel)
Below is a list of possible team members to consider.
- Early Childhood representative
- Special education representative
- District Early Childhood Education Coordinator
- District Early Childhood Special Education Coordinator
- District Special Education Director
- Head Start Director
- Head Start Disabilities Coordinator
- Community Childcare Director
- T.A. Specialists
- Family member/parent
- Title I Director
- School Psychologist
- Preschool Teacher
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
- Community Childcare Provider
- Others in your community that can help you plan for preschool inclusion
9:00-9:30 Opening Activities: A Call to Action
9:30-11:00 Developing a Collective Understanding of Preschool Inclusion
11:00-11:30 LRE Data Dive
11:30-12:30 Lunch on your own
12:30-3:30 Facilitated Team Planning
3:30-3:45 Evaluation and Next Steps
3:45-4:00 Closing Activity
You will leave District Leadership Day with:
- A wealth of knowledge regarding preschool inclusion and effective teaming practices
- A robust resource & tool kit
- A detailed plan for your district to make your dreams for preschool inclusion come to reality
- Opportunities for continued support and technical assistance for your preschool inclusion team
ACT FAST!! Registration will close on January 18, 2017, or whenever we have 10 teams that meet the minimum requirements (whichever comes first). You may choose to register your team together or individually. Remember, we will only be able to accept the FIRST 10 TEAMS THAT REGISTER WITH AT LEAST 1 EARLY CHILDHOOD REPRESENTATIVE AND 1 SPECIAL EDUCATION REPRESENTATIVE.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact Kerri Kannengieser, Program Coordinator at: (803) 429-0519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.