District 31 7th Annual 5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run and Walk
Sales Have Ended
TICKET SALES UPDATE: AS OF 9/20/16, ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE CLOSED PLEASE REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON 9/25/16. SEE YOU THEN!
Grab your friends and family and and have a super fun time running, laughing, hanging out and getting some exercise.
1 Mile Walk is ideal for younger childred and those who want to take it easy.
The 5K is our first ever color run! As you run along this officially timed 5K around Winkleman Elementary and the surrounding neighborhood you will be doused with nontoxic washable colorful powder in designated color zones. You can also choose to bypass the color zones. Run your personal best or or just have fun: get colorful, dance, run, jog, walk, hop or any combo of these and just ENJOY yourself!
All proceeds will support the STEAM initiative for the students of District 31.
Everybody is welcome!
The early bird registration deadline is September 2nd, 2016. All those signed up by this date will receive a race T-shirt and goody bag. Those who register after September 2nd will receive these items while supplies last.
Race times on September 25th
8 a.m.— Race check-in
9 a.m. — 1 Mile Run/Walk
9:30 a.m. — 5K Run/Walk
Medals will be awarded to the overall male and female 5K runners, the Corporate Team Challenge winner, and winners in each category for male and females by age groups. Age divisions are: 11 and under, 12-19, 20-29, 30- 39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and over.
On your mark, get set, go REGISTER!
- The Race Course-Around Winkelman school.
- Corporate Challenge--Platinum sponsors can register a team of runners to compete against other teams.
- Parking-at Winkelman school
- Rollerblades, bikes, skateboards and pets are not permitted. Strollers and wagons are welcome, but must start behind competitive runners.
- Water/Refreshments-Water will be provided at the start, at the water stations and at the finish line. Refreshments will be served post-race!
For any additional information, please contact the District 31 office at 847-272-6880.