Distributed Wind 2017 is committed to the advancement of both distributed and community wind energy. This two day event includes a Business Conference with sessions focused on advancing the knowledge of distributed and community wind professionals who want to learn more about growing the market for this sector of the wind industry. The second day is a full day of meetings on Capitol Hill. All meetings are organized by DWEA and led by DWEA members. There is something for everyone involved in distributed wind industry!
Save This Event
When & Where
Distributed Wind Energy Association
The Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA) is a collaborative group comprised of manufacturers, distributors, project developers, dealers, installers, and advocates, whose primary mission is to promote and foster all aspects of the American distributed wind energy industry. Distributed wind, commonly referred to as small and community wind, is the use of typically smaller wind turbines at homes, farms, businesses, and public facilities to off-set all or a portion of on-site energy consumption.
The fundamental goals of DWEA are to:
- Develop a federal, state and local policy environment that supports the responsible expansion of distributed wind energy
- Reduce or eliminate unwarranted barriers to the use of distributed wind energy
- Provide a unified voice for all members and sectors of the distributed wind industry
- Develop and promote industry “best practices” policies and standards that will foster the safe and effective installation and operation of distributed wind systems
- Participate in public and consumer education
DWEA seeks to attract members and associates from all sectors with relevant interests pertaining to the distributed wind industry.