Distinguished Speaker Series - Making Statistical Connections
Monday, August 7, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
The Contra Costa and Alameda County Offices of Education are excited to bring a high-quality professional learning opportunity!
The California Common Core Mathematics Content Standards have incorporated statistics and probability standards in grades 6-12. The California Mathematics Project (CMP), in partnership with the California Mathematics Council (CMC), and the California Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (CAMTE) has developed a series of modules for grades 6-12 teachers to support the teaching and learning of statistics and probability.
This two-day workshop will take a close look at the modules, instructional guides for educators, and the materials available for use with teachers focusing specifically on grades 6-12. Presenters will begin by introducing the GAISE (Guidelines for Assessment and Instruction in Statistics Education) Framework and provide opportunities for teachers to experience the progressions of statistics and probability standards in middle school through high school. All activities are interactive, modeling teaching and learning strategies for students.The workshop incorporates technology and ELD strategies in order to address 21st-century learning needs.
Targeted Audience: Administrators, Coaches, Teachers, & Paraprofessionals
Attendees will receive:
• Access to the Statistics Modules in iBook or PDF format
• Facilitator Notes and Teacher Resources
Cost: $250 per participant
Materials and Lunch will be provided
CCCOE is sponsoring a portion of the cost of this event.
This session is subject to cancellation or rescheduling if the participant minimum is not met. Registration fees are non refundable unless a session is canceled. Substitutions are gladly accepted if a registered participant cannot attend.
1. To pay by check or purchase order: Click on Register. To complete your registration, enter the information required in the fields provided and select the offline payment method of your choice from the "Payment Method" menu.
- Please make checks payable to: Contra Costa County Office of Education
- Please mail checks to: CCCOE, attention: Christen Schwartz
77 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
2. To pay by credit card: click on the Register button and follow the instructions provided.
Registration and Content information please contact:
CCCOE: Christen Schwartz, Mathematics Coordinator
or call (925) 942-3435
ACOE: Celine Liu, Program Manager, Mathematics
or call (510) 670-4269