Disease Prevention & Health/Fitness Basics with ACSM Certified Trainer George Dorsey
Saturday, December 14, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
The statistics don't lie. Obesity and obesity related conditions such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and certain types of cancers are the leading causes of preventable death.
Don't wait until it is too late! Join us for a discussion with ACSM Certified Trainer, George Dorsey, MBA, as he delivers some of the most current information and strategies from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Heart Association (AHA) and other research based organizations, to help you get ahead of some of the leading causes of preventable death.
- Discuss current trends in health and fitness
- Discuss main causes of preventable conditions such as Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and Hypertension (High Blood Pressure).
- Discuss the different types of body fat and why it's important to understand the difference.
- Discuss how your body burns body fat and uses energy
- How to read food labels
- How to eat healthy on a budget
- Demonstration on how to create a few quick and healthy meals
- Discuss a few simple things that you can do to help prevent certain diseases
- And much more!
Even after hitting 40, George Dorsey continues to challenge the idea that we have to accept some of the negative affects that occur to our bodies as we age. He enjoys using humor in his presentations, so prepare yourself to laugh!
About George Dorsey
- American College of Sports (ACSM) Medicine Certified Trainer
- Helping people to be successful on their fitness journey for over 20 years
- Exercise Physiology
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Master of Business Adminstration (Regis University)
- National Physique Committee Competitor (NPC)
- 1st place in Men's Physique Class C (>5'8") at the 2013 National Physique Committee Ruby Championships (National Show)
- 1st Place in Men's Physique Masters (>40 yoa) at the 2013 National Physique Committee Ruby Championships (National Show)
- Major, Air Force Reserves-Fitness program Manager (Dobbins ARB, Marietta, GA)
- Defensive End-Colorado State University Football Program
- Broke Bench press record-535 lbs.
- Broke vertical jump record (football)-44 inches
- 4.5 sec 40 yard dash (250lb.)