San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Take one of your days off/holidays – discover the eclectic lane ways and coffee shops of West End – Brisbane – Qld – Australia
with Australian – Water Colour Artist – Wyn Vogel!!
Take home – a little vignette of some of our most colourful suburbs –
South Brisbane/West End – ready to frame!!
All level of Artist are welcome, and/or
if you are a Visitor to Brisbane and have always wanted to try your hand
at drawing and painting this is your chance – while on holidays!!
9am – morning start
- 9.30am we will head out of the Studio in Fish Lane – Learn the techniques for open air ‘Plein’ air painting with 2 hours working from some of South Brisbane’s most beautiful buildings and/or River locations depending on the weather.
- 10.30am break – A Morning Tea break in one of South Brisbane/West End eclectic Coffee Shops – coffee and croissant or cake included
- Back to the Studio to explore ‘composition’, including
An understanding of the 7 elements of Design using the – sketches – photography and any other research from the morning ramble to create the bones of your painting
- 12.30pm break – Sandwich lunch in the Studio
- 1.00pm – Understand the elements of colour, tone and texture in the urban environment in the context of the work you are doing – using Water Colour Techniques and complete your Painting with washes, ink and pen or whatever elements engage and entrance you!
4pm – Take home a memento of a fantastic day in the City!
New Water Colour skills under your belt – inspired by our City skies!!
When & Where
Fish Lane Studios Limited
Phone: +61 (0) 419358859 Aust EST
Fish Lane Studios is an internationally based creative collective, dedicated to enhancing our built environments for the well-being of those who occupy the space.
The purpose of the Not For Profit status of the organisation is to enable us to work closely with all sectors of the Community regardless of development status, and ability to pay.
Fish Lane Studios is committed to applying the professional experience of the Collective, to create broad community benefits, through leadership, creative capacity building, developing living environments and skills transfer across continents.
We take the best from all genre of traditional arts to create dynamic, livable environments incorporating new media/tech capability.
Fish Lane Studios has a particular focus, though not limited to, the clinical environments.
Our goal, is to apply the ‘Research’ that has shown that the use of the ‘Arts’ – has a material beneficial effect on people in a variety of settings, both as an aid to a personal sense of well-being and as a beneficial stimulant to specific areas of treatment and recovery, in healing environments.