Discover Gardening! (Grades 2-5)
Come visit the Montgomery County Agricultural History Farm Park and learn about gardening at the University of Maryland Grow It Eat It Spring Event!
- Visit the Master Gardener demonstration gardens with our guides to get inspired about gardening
- Learn about plants that grow in our area, plants that grow in different ways, and seasonal plants
- Learn how soil, water, and sunlight affect the growth of plants
- Plant your own garden to take home!
- The 8:10, 8:50, and 12:40 sessions will look into themed gardens and garden design, then you will dream up your own garden design
- The 11:50 session will build a terrarium or for Girl Scouts they will look into themed gardens and garden design, then you will dream up your own garden design
- Cost per child $12, Adults free
- One adult per five children is required
- Grow It Eat It Event information can be found here
- If you would like to meet the requirements for the Girl Scout Junior Gardener badge please sign-up for the 8.10, 8:50, 11:50, or 12:40 sessions
- If you would like to work on the requirements for the Cub Scout Wolf Grow Something badge, please sign-up for the 11:50 session. All parts will be completed besides ones that need to be monitored for a length of time
Save This Event
When & Where
Montgomery County Extension (Agricultural History Farm Park)
18400 Muncaster Road
Grow It Eat It - Montgomery County Extension - University of Maryland
Grow It Eat It's vision is one million Maryland food gardeners producing their own affordable, healthy food...sustainably. Supported by University of Maryland Extension faculty and staff, Master Gardener volunteers and the Home and Garden Information Center are leading the way.