San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
THIS EVENT SIGNUP IS FOR OUR "HERALDOS DE DISCO" ("HERALDS OF DISCO") JOINING THE DISCO AMIGOS FOR OUR PARADES.
New Orleans grooviest Dance Troupe, the Disco Amigos, are hitting the streets for the 2017 Mardi Gras season and we want YOU to join us and put on the Worlds Greatest Rolling "Disco Train" Party!
We are looking for folks that can do the following:
- Poi / Flag Twirling
- Stilt Walking
- L-Wire Puppetry
- Any other amazing talent that you think will add to a Disco / Parade atmosphere and performance
We will be performing in the parades listed below:
- Krewe of Cleopatra: Friday 2/17 - 6:30pm (Call time 4:30pm)
- Krewe of Olympia (Covington): Saturday 2/18 - 6:00pm (Call time 4:00pm)
- Krewe of Nyx: Wednesday 2/22 - 7:00pm (Call time 5:00pm)
- Krewe of Tucks: Saturday 2/25 - 12:00 noon (Call time 10:00am)
- Corps de Napoleon (Metairie): Sunday 2/26 - 5:00pm (Call time 3:00pm)
We have the Boogie Shuttle Bus rolling again this year available to all Disco Amigos Performers, Discotistas, Disco Train and Heraldos. The cost is $10 per parade for a roundtrip ticket. If you are taking the Shuttle Bus, no need to worry about the Call Times, as the bus will get you there on time! More details and tickets are available here: https://discoamigosparadeshuttle2017.eventbrite.com
The theme is year is "Boogie Wonderland", so think of rainbows, clouds, bubbles, exploding color, etc. The more flag twirlers or "bubble" artists we have, the more it will enhance the performance for the parade goers. Here are some images and video to get your creative juices flowing.
Ticket Cost and Benefits
The cost for each Heraldo de Disco is still at $40 per parade, even though we increased the Disco Train tickets because of increased costs and demand. Also, if you sign up for two or more parades you'll get a $10 discount on each parade!
You have the same benefits as our Disco Train participants:
- Access to the parade and Disco Train
- Food and Drinks before and during the parade (while supplies last)
- Access to our port-o-let
- Ability to strut your funky stuff to the thousands of Mardi Gras parade-goers!
Save This Event
New Orleans, Covington, Metairie
Disco Amigos Social Aid & Boogie Club
The Disco Amigos are a performance and parading group to encourage Disco, dancing and having a good time for everyone. We are an organization designed to showcase the creative and performance talent in New Orleans through events, parades and performances while being accessible to anyone who wants to join the party.