Disco Amigos Mardi Gras 2013 "Disco Train"
New Orleans, LA
Have you ever wanted to be a part of a New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade? Do you know how to do the Hustle and have dances moves that would put John Travolta to shame? Do you sport butterfly collared shirts and bell bottom pants? Then the Disco Amigo's Mardi Gras Disco Train is your ticket to the boogiest party on Earth.
The Disco Amigos are creating a rolling "Disco Train" for any willing participant who wants to be a part of the Mardi Gras parade experience. Following the Disco Amigos Performers, the Disco Train will simulate a rolling Disco by partying, dancing and entertaining the Mardi Gras Parade Masses.
The Disco Train participants will dance, party, and have fun on a simulated Disco floor behind the world's largest jukebox on wheels, complete with mobile Disco ball, multi-colored Disco lights, and other funky accoutrements.
The Disco Amigos will be performing in the parades listed above. The cost for each Disco Train participant is $100 per parade (or $250 for all three), which includes access to the parade and Disco Train, port-o-let, and drinks during the parade (while supplies last). Each participant is required to adhere to Mardi Gras ordinances and the following requirements:
1) Disco Attire is a MUST! 80's spandex, 60's mod-style or hippy-psychadelic will not be permitted to join the Disco Party. Find a butterly-collared polyster shirt, bell bottom pants, jumpsuit and platform shoes, along with any other appropriate accessory (wigs, necklaces, sunglasses).
2) Participation in ENTIRE parade route is mandatory. We Disco the entire way and be engaged. Why be in the parade if you're going to be chatting or texting on you phone the entire way.
3) Nothing larger than a Man Purse. You are not allowed to drag, pull or push any other equipment, including, but not limited to, rolling carts, shopping carts, ice chests, mechanical bulls, or boom boxes. You are welcome to contibute your beer and liquor to the communal ice chests for all Amigos and participants, and will be loved for it.
4) No Party Favors! You are not allowed to throw or hand-out beads, cups, doubloons, stuffed animals, or any items other than your funky moves (New Orleans Mardi Gras rules)
5) You party, dance and have fun till the polyester falls off, bringing your Disco swagger to the streets of New Orleans.
Meeting location and other details will be provided prior to event once registered.
Any other questions can be sent to email@example.com
Mardi Gras Parades
Uptown / St. Charles Ave Routes
Disco Amigos Social Aid & Boogie Club
The Disco Amigos are a new performance and parading group to encourage Disco, dancing and having a good time for everyone. We are an organization designed to showcase the creative and performance talent in New Orleans through parties, parades and performances while being accessible to everyone that wants to be a part of the party.