Actions and Detail Panel
Disclosure Scotland Registered Body Workshops - Edinburgh
Thu, March 30, 2017, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM BST
This workshop has been designed to provide you as representatives of our Registered Bodies with the necessary knowledge and understanding of the various processes and criteria within Disclosure Scotland to assist you to meet and comply with your legal obligations and requirements as laid out in legislation and the Code of Practice for Registered Persons. We will also provide you with advice to support you manage the application process in an efficient manner, which will assist your organisation in your recruitment process.
We aim to:
- provide an overview of managing the registration process and the obligations under the Code of Practice of being a ‘registered body’
- Advise on common application completion errors to minimise the possibility of PVG/Disclosure applications being returned or queried.
- Increase knowledge of the legislative criteria providing eligibility for the PVG scheme and Enhanced or Standard Disclosure.
- provide an understanding of the PVG scheme (and Police Act Disclosures) and the legal obligations on organisations as regulated work providers, including the ‘duty to refer’ to Disclosure Scotland.
This event is FREE to attend Lunch and Refreshments will be provided on the day:
Please be aware if the event is full and you request to be added to the waiting list we will contact you should a place become available.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
By rail/bus: The nearest rail station to Victoria Quay is Edinburgh Waverley, which can be accessed by direct public bus services on Princes Street. There are several bus routes serving the immediate vicinity of Victoria Quay, with the 22 Lothian Bus the most direct service to Edinburgh City Centre which takes about 20 minutes. The majority of the buses are scheduled to arrive every 10-15min.
More information on available bus travel to can be found at www.travelinescotland.com.
By car: The postcode for sat-nav purposes is EH6 6QQ. Please note that limited car parking facilities are provided at Victoria Quay for visitors on a first come first served basis. Access to the car park is by barrier control. The designated Visitor Car Park is Car Park ‘A’. If parking is not available within VQ there is ample space on the approach road. A further 1500 free spaces are also available within the Ocean Terminal multi-storey which is a patrolled safe area. Parking in all areas is at the owners risk.
There are three points of access to Victoria Quay for people arriving on foot:
- West entrance: this sits beside the main vehicle entrance to the building to the West of VQ.
- East entrance: pedestrians approaching the site from the East can enter via the Victoria Bridge
- Commercial Street: the main entrance to pedestrians will be through Commercial Quay, adjacent to the refurbished warehouses on Commercial Street through what is known as the South pedestrian gate.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Should you have any question about the event you can e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stewart Rafferty on 01413143108.
Should you be unable to attend on the day, please contact Stewart Rafferty email@example.com or call 01413143108 as soon as possible