SCOPE OF THIS SEMINAR
The purpose for issuing a disciplinary action is to address unacceptable conduct, behavior or activities. While Organizations have an array of disciplinary measures at their disposal, proper regard need to be paid to the right processes, legality and consequences of not taking the right disciplinary action or following wrong process.
This Seminar covers various Disciplinary Procedures, different types of situations and the appropriate Disciplinary procedures, legal requirements, Procedures required to carry out the discipline Process.
The key objective of this program is to enable participants understand best HR Practices and current legal provisions pertaining to employee discipline and to impart best practices in managing discipline at workplace in order to avoid labour dispute and related expensive labour dispute costs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training targets all Managers and Supervisors who are involved in Disciplinary Situations;-Senior and Middle Level Managers, including HR Directors, HR Managers, HODs, Line Managers, Administrators, HR Officers, Legal Managers, Legal Officers, In-house Counsels and anyone else involved in managing Staff Discipline.
OVERVIEW OF COURSE COVERAGE
1.Meaning, Types, and Situations for discipline in an organization
- Consequences (to an organization) of not following a disciplinary procedure
- Different types of situations requiring disciplinary interventions
- Legal requirements/provisions pertaining to employee discipline in the current Employment Act
- Procedural and Substantive requirements in carrying out staff discipline
2.Specific disciplinary actions and when applicable
- Oral reprimand
- Written warning
- Normal Termination
- Summary Dismissal
3.Conducting Disciplinary Investigations:
- Responsibilities- Employer, Police, Audit, others
- Presence vs. suspension of staff of employee during investigations
- Examining the evidence and making decision
- Composition of Disciplinary Committee
- Roles- Disciplinary Committee, HR Department, 3rd Parties
- Procedure, Appeals
- Role of third parties in disciplinary hearings
5.The Disciplinary Procedure
- Legal requirements of a disciplinary procedure
- Contents of a good disciplinary procedure
- Samples of disciplinary procedure
- Group Discussions on Disciplinary Procedures of represented organisations
- Way Forward on disciplinary procedures of represented organisations
6.Case Studies on Disciplinary Issues
7.Determined Industrial Court Cases on Terminations and Dismissals
Dates: 8th & 9th December, 8.30am - 4.30pm Both Days
Venue: Hotel Villa Rosa Kempinski, Nairobi
Charges: Kshs.42,500/- Per Participant Exclusive VAT
HOW TO ENROL
Limited slots available, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0708-588616 Now to reserve your seat.