Actions and Detail Panel
Thu, May 11, 2017, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
Learning Format: Classroom
- Target Audience: Individual contributors and team leaders and above.
- Course Length: Three hours, 30 minutes
- Prerequisites: None.
- Course Prep: Yes. Fifteen minutes. Online Assessment
DiSC is based on a simple idea that the foundation of personal and professional success lies in knowing yourself, understanding others, and realizing the impact of your actions and attitudes on other people. The DiSC model for personal development provides insight for individuals to explore personal behaviors across four primary dimensions. Those behaviors include assessing a person's style associated with:
Dominance: Directness and Decisiveness - D's are strong-willed, strong-minded people who like accepting challenges, taking action, and getting immediate results.
Influence: Optimism and Outgoing - I's are "people-people" who like participating on teams, sharing ideas, and energizing and entertaining others.
Steadiness: Sympathy and Cooperation - S's are helpful people who like working behind the scenes, performing in consistent and predictable ways, and being good listeners.
Conscientiousness: Concern and Correctness - C's are sticklers for quality and like planning ahead, employing systematic approaches, and checking and re-checking for accuracy.
Do You Face Any of These Issues?
- Are your leaders often frustrated that associates “do the things they do”?
- Is there conflict between individuals that just can’t seem to be understood or corrected?
- Can your leaders get the most out of individuals within the work group?
- Do some associates work well together and others seem to work better alone and that’s confusing to leaders?
- Recognize how different personality traits can affect the work environment.
- Build morale through understanding how to approach and work with individual team members based on their needs.
- Understand own natural tendencies and the natural tendencies of others.
Primary Competencies Developed
- Continuous Learning
- Personal Growth Orientation
Secondary Competencies Developed
- Building Self-Insight