Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability and Insurance - Everything a New Risk Manager Needs to Know
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar on D&O liability and insurance will highlight the fundamentals of Directors and Officers liability and insurance. It will provide an overview of current and emerging D&O liability risks, including M&A litigation, new regulatory activism and new disclosure requirements regarding global warming risk.
Why Should You Attend :
While D&O insurance provides essential liability protection to directors, officers and companies, the claims process is a minefield for policyholders.
This course is designed for new risk managers and it will help them understand which policy provisions to insist on and which to avoid as well as how to counter typical insurance company defenses once a claim is filed, and how to keep an insurance company on board while settling a suit.
This session will cover the essentials of Directors and Officers liability and insurance. The webinar will provide an overview of current and emerging D&O liability risks, including M&A litigation, new regulatory activism and new disclosure requirements regarding global warming risk.
Areas Covered in the Webinar :
- Key policy language issues include "severability" of coverage for insureds not implicated in wrongdoing; priority of payment provisions when multiple parties are all seeking coverage; and the scope of insured vs. insured exclusions.
- Coverage issues include insurers' attempts to rescind coverage before a court determines wrongdoing; insurers' obligation to advance defense costs and attempts to avoid doing so; and the scope of "bad acts" exclusions.
- Settlement issues include satisfying the insurers desire for information and right to "participate" in a settlement, as well as whether settling with the primary insurance company can arguably endanger excess coverage.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.