Actions and Detail Panel
DirectEmployers Institute: STEM YES! Summer 2017 Camp (STUDENTS)
Mon, Jul 10, 2017, 1:00 PM – Fri, Jul 21, 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
DirectEmployer Institute’s (DEF), Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Youth Enhancement Summer Program (STEM YES!) is a comprehensive 65-hour summer program for Central Indiana students in grades 9-12 who are interested in exploring STEM & Business careers in a work-based environment. Over two weeks, students develop competencies in teamwork, business planning, presentation skills, social etiquette, soft skills and career and college preparation. All this, while learning about the day-to-day work of STEM & business professionals regarding marketing, finance, business development, research and product development, information technology, and human resources.
What to Expect:
Small group (6 students per group) business plan development and presentation
· Students work together, mentored by a business professional, to develop a STEM business plan. Students present projects at end of program for feedback
Interactive classroom instruction on core business practices
- Presented by STEM business professionals, students learn core business practices including marketing, finance, business development, research and product development, information technology and human resources
Hands-on learning at STEM businesses (8 Indianapolis businesses each host 12 students)
- Small groups meet at STEM employer partner for onsite Job Shadow to experience hands-on business practices and work with STEM professionals to develop STEM business plan. Employers Includes:
- Lilly and Company
- DirectEmployers Association
- Dow AgroSciences
- Eleven Fifty Academy
- And More...
Project Lead the Way interactive STEM workshop
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) will facilitate half-day workshop with hands-on STEM activities and students will learn about PLTW education opportunities available at their schools.
Career and College preparation
- Campus tour and business etiquette lunch, a Dress for Success workshop by Banana Republic, resume development, and mock job interviews
Networking evening for parents and students with DirectEmployers Board, local employers and others
Free Breakfast & Lunch
Don't forget, Like us of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/directemployersfoundation