This week will be exposing members to different trainings in Photography! Whether you are a novice or an expert this is a great week to meet people interested in Photography and those looking to network and build their skills. This is part of the Digital Media 1 series.
Camera and Composition [Monday 2/20/17 12pm-4pm]
- This workshop will introduce members to a variety of techniques using a DSLR camera. Members that participate will gain a basic understanding of composition of their subjects.
- Project: Members will take 2-3 photos for their portfolio
Lighting and Portraits [Tuesday 2/21/17 4pm-6pm]
- Is your selfie to dark or even to bright? Dont sweat it! This workshop will teach you the basics of using light to your advantage, whether your out in the rain or a sunny day. We are going to show you the difference between artificial light and natural lighting.
- Project: Members will shoot portraits using lighting techniques.
Action Shots [Wednesday 2/22/17 2pm-4pm]
- Put on your best gear, get ready to go outside and shoot moving subjects! In this workshop you will learn the camera settings on shooting moving subject, this is great for those looking to get into sports photography.
Editing with Photoshop & Lightroom [Thursday 2/23/17 4pm-6pm ]
- In this session we will be taking self portraits and editing them using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Project: Members will edit a protrait
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, you must be between the ages of 12-24 and/or a member of the Digital NEST.
I am from the Salinas area, can I still participate?
Absolutely, you can attend our workshops in Watsonville and will get updates on when we will be providing new workshops in the Salinas area at our new location (tba).