Digital LA - Movies & Music Go Social @ Viceroy
Monday, September 19, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
Join us for our panel on how movies and music use social media to engage passionate fans, promote new releases, and entertain between releases including: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube, and more. differences. This is part of Social Media Week LA. ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED, limited seats. This will sell out. VIP seats get preferred seating.
We'll discuss some social media campaigns from this summer's blockbuster movies, and music including album / video releases, concerts, and fests. We'll share how movie and music social media marketing can learn from each other, and subtle. We'll discuss how to engage fans the most during ramp up, month/week before release, and release date of movies and music videos/albums/fests.
Our Scheduled Speakers include:
- Megan Wahtera, Paramount Pictures.
Vice President, Interactive Marketing. Campaigns include: Transformers
franchise, Paranormal Activity franchise, Star Trek, G.I Joe, Justin
Bieber: Never Say Never. @paramountpics
- Morgan Chess, 20th Century Fox. Director, Digital Marketing. Social media campaigns for X-Men: First Class, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Rio, Water for Elephants, The Sitter, etc. @20thcenturyFox @xmenmovies
- Ann Glenn, Sony Pictures. Director, Social Media Marketing Managed social media marketing campaigns for summer movies, including Sony Pictures Comic-Con social media presence. @urlgrl @sonypictures
- Kristelia Garcia, Universal Music, Director. Digital, integrated and social media marketing. @damnthemorning
- Lindsay Gabler, Recording Academy (The GRAMMYs), Social Media Specialist. Previously: social media campaigns for Miley Cyrus, Queen, @UMG Community Manger. Named Billboard's Twitter 140: Music Industry Characters You Need to Follow list http://bit.ly/g3tw89 @lndsygblr @TheGRAMMYs
- Dimitry Ioffe, Visionaire Group, worked on social media campaigns for Dreamworks' Puss in Boots and Universal Pictures' The Thing. Previous campaigns: Expendables YouTube Mimicry (4.5M views), Last Exorcism reaction vids (5.7M views) @visionairegroup
- Roubina Surenian, Eventful, Director of Tour Marketing including artists' social media marketing campaigns. Formerly worked at Ticketmaster on social/ digital media initiatives @Eventful
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS: If you'd like to help check-in from 7-8p for comped admission, email email@example.com with MM as the subjec.t
- 7-8p: Check-in and networking
- 8-9:30p: Panel & Q&A
- 9:30p - 10p Networking
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.