Actions and Detail Panel
Digital LA - EdTech Panel
Tue, May 2, 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
Join us for our panel discussion with EdTech startups who are using tech tools, apps, sites and platforms for education, edutainment and more. We will discuss tools for education in schools, post-school courses and training, access to education tools,and more.
- Michael Tringe, CreatorUp, Co-Founder. CreatorUp is a digital storytelling academy which creates live media business workshops for creators and agencies in LA, NYC, Toronto, London, Cologne, Mexico City, Sao Paolo, Seoul, Mumbai, Stockholm, Oslo, Buenos Aires, and Boston sponsored by YouTube impacting thousands of students worldwide. CreatorUp has developed and produced an online course library of 500+ premium digital media lessons accessed globally by consumers, schools, organizations, and businesses. @creatorup
- Ike Ramos, Flocabulary, K12 Partnerships Manager. Ike brings Flocabulary's online program to new schools and districts in the K-12 market via prospecting to build relationships with school and district leaders, positioning Flocabulary as a solution to meet the unique and varied needs of schools and districts, and collaborating with territory account managers to support successful implementation. @flocabulary
- Liliana Monge, Sabio, Founder CEO. Sabio offers web development courses in LA and OC, regardless of technical background and experience. Once Sabio Fellows secure full-time coding positions, Sabio support them with additional professional development for five years. @WeSabio
- Tyler Bell, GoGuardian, Head of Talent. GoGuardian is an education-focused software-as-a-service provider that offers Chromebook management and web filtering in schools, used administrators and teachers. Features include Chromebook filtering, monitoring, and management, as well as usage analytics, activity flagging, YouTube filtering, and theft recovery. These services enable school administrators to monitor student activity online, filter potentially harmful or distracting content, and recover lost or stolen devices.
- Moderator: Kevin Winston, Dgiital LA, founder and CEO.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS: If you have an EdTech startup that is rocking it and can join us for our panel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with EDTECH as subject and a few senteces of what you've done in the past 2 years.
- 7-7:30p Check in and networking. Complimentary Pop Chips and Red Bull.
- 7:30-8:30p Panel with Q&A livestreamed via Facebook Live.
- 8:30-9p Ater networking
PARKING: Complimentay aprking after 6p in the CTRL parking lot.
SPONSOR: If you'd like to sponsor starting at $500, email email@example.com with EdTech as subject.
Thanks to Cue Career is a lifelong learning platform aggregating the resources from the 100k association into one location via tis career exploration and readiness platform, linking students and professional associations. Short video interviews with young professionals make career exploration student friendly and lead students to the industry-specific professional development opportunities (internships, mentorships, badging, and micro-credentialing) – which bridge the last mile from education to employment.