San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for our annual Digital LA - Digital Comics panel in LA on the Monday before San Diego Comic-Con. Our expert panelists will discuss how digital impacts the creation, development, distribution and marketing of digital comics and content based on superheroes. We'll discuss writing for digital, development and fundraising via Kickstarter and other campaigns, building an audience online pre-release, and using social media to engage fans. New location this year at WeWork Hollywood.
- David Uslan, Graphicly, VP of Business Development @dmuslan @graphicly
- Kyle Higgins, Writer on titles including Batman Gates of Gotham, Nightwing, Deathstroke. @KyleDHiggins
- Anne Toole, Writer, Lion Forge Comics. Also written for comic book sequences in video games. @amely.
- Ron Martino, devianART, Producer and Director, @ronmartino.
- Hal Hefner, head of Transmedia LA, Catmonkey COO. Formerly at Fourth Wall Studios. @halhefner.
- Cooper Harris, actress and creator of Mighty Woman superhero web series. @cooperharris.
- Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, CEO and Founder, @DigitalLA @kevinwinston.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS: If u do digital marketing for an indie comic or worked on a digital marketing campaigns for any recent superhero films (Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Avengers, etc.) email firstname.lastname@example.org with COMICS as the subject.
- 7-8p: Check in and Networking. Appetizers provided by WeWork.
- 8-9:30p: Panel and Q&A.
WeWork Better Together
Special Offer for Digital LA members
WeWork Better Together
Special Offer for Digital LA:
WeWork coworking / office space in Hollywood provides open or private offices where you can connect with an inspiring community of entrepreneurs and startups.
SPECIAL OFFER: Mention Digital LA to get:
- One free week of coworking space at WeWork Hollywood from July 10-Aug 30, 2013.
- If u become a WeWork member: mention Digital LA to get your $100 setup fee waived.
Sign up for details http://dlawework.eventbrite.com/
Events of interest at WeWork Hollywood include:
- Digital LA - Digital Comics panel, July 15, 7p
- Forward, July 23 @ 6:30p. Eric Garland, GM of LiveNation Labs, is the kickoff speaker for the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce's new speaker series Forward, featuring leading LA entrepreneurs. Digital LA's Kevin Winston will moderate.
- Summer Mixer, July 31, 7pm. WeWork invites Digital LA to its DJ and cocktails on the WeWork Hollywood Balcony that overlooks Los Angeles. Limited Seating, please RSVP to email@example.com
When & Where
Digital LA is the largest digital networking group based in LA, reaching more than 80,000 professionals weekly via its newsletter and social media. Digital LA organizes weekly panels and mixers for digital professionals, including startup CEOs, VCs and investors, entertainment including Hollywood movie and TV studios, music labels, agencies, video games, VFX, social media, digital advertising, developers, designers, marketing and and more. Digital LA is the founder of Silicon Beach Fest, the original and largest multi-day startup / entertainment conference. Follow @DigitalLA. Digital LA has been recognized by Forbes and the LA Times as keeping LA's tech community together via its fun and friendly events.