Kapow! Join us for our pre-Comic Con panel on Digital Comics! Our expert
speakers from Marvel, comiXology, BOOM! Studios, IGN and more will
discuss digital comics, including apps and distribution, social media,
and marketing, at Meltdown Comics megastore in Hollywood. With
complimentary refreshments thanks to FILTER.
Our expert speakers will discuss
- What's successful in comics digital
distribution: online, mobile, motion comics, apps, etc.
- Is the iPad a game changer in how we can download and read comics
- How do u reach online core fans to promote comic-related properties in movies (Wolverine, Iron Man, Dark Knight), television, and video games
- How to artists and publishers use social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to create buzz around projects and reach fans. What to tweet about?
- Video games to comics
Scheduled speakers include:
- John Dokes, Marvel Entertainment, Senior VP, Integrated Sales and Marketing, Publishing and Digital Media, @Marvel
- David Steinberger, CEO of comiXology, which built Marvel and DC comics apps, and its own app of upcoming releases @comixology
- Sam Humphries, comic book writer (Fraggle Rock, CBGB), architect of MySpace Comic Books
- Chip Mosher, BOOM Studios, Marketing Director
- Rich George, IGN Comics Editor @IGN
- Jason Badowar, comic book illustrator (Heroes, True Blood etc.) and co-founder of WEvolt.com, an online platform which digitally distributes and monetizes comic book content via deals with Universal Music, Arcana, and more.
- Micah Baldwin, CEO of Graphic.ly, which creates apps to digitize graphic novels and provides social tools for publishers including Marvel, IDW, BOOM, Top Cow
- Moderator: Kevin
Winston, Digital LA, founder, former MySpace Integrated Marketing of
Movies, Comic Book Channel, Games
We're looking for speakers, comics app creators, established comic artists using social media, etc. If u r or know a potential speaker contact email@example.com with COMIC as the subject.
- 7-8p Check-in and networking with light apps, thanks to FILTER
- 8-9:30p. We'll talk apps and more on our panel + Q&A.
- 9:30-10p. Even more networking
Note: Note: $5 of your registration fee will be donated to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, founded in 1986 as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of First Amendment rights for members of the comics community.
FILTER is a full-service digital media solutions company that connects industry-leading companies with the very best digital talent throughout the West Coast. Offering both creative staffing services and interactive media design and production, FILTER helps clients to make their ideas a reality and complete their projects with more speed, flexibility and cost efficiency. For nearly twenty years, FILTER has been serving leading global technology and services companies as well as many of the leading design, advertising and interactive agencies.