Digital LA - Connected Cars panel @BevHillsPorsche
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Beverly Hills, CA
Your car will get the powers of your cell phone, except you'll be able to drive in it, the ultimate mobile device. Join our Digital LA - Connected Cars panel where we'll discuss how car screens are becoming the fourth screen (after your phone, TV, and tablet). We'll discuss how cars are getting connected to the Internet via in-dashboard car and driving related apps, car and driving related apps, and real time collection of "big data" for cars. This panel is held during LA Auto Show (week of events at LA Convention Center). If you're a go-getter, you'll be inspired to trailblaze the #1 car app for driving, traffic, finding-gas, music, entertainment, travel, restaurants, etc. in the future car app store.
- Daisuke Tanaka, Pandora, Manager, Automotive Business Development. @pandora
- Sam Friedman, ParkMe, CEO/Founder. The ParkMe mobile app helps cars find parking on streets, lots and garages via real time data, and has been recently been integrated into some Audi cars. @theParkMeApp
- Ravindra Kondagunta, Traction Labs, Founder. Traction Labs is a new automotive accelerator specializing in product development for auto tech startups. Ravindra has previously worked at Hyundai and Ford. @tractionlabsorg
- Jordan Furniss, Estify, Founder. Won the Connected Car Expo FastPitch, First Place for its online collision repair cloud service
- Victoria Walker, Rode Dog, Founder. Won the Fast Pitch, Third Place for Rode Dog app which discourages distracted driving by letting u send cell phones "bark" sound alerts at your friends when it detects their phones are unlocked while driving. At 11 years old, Victoria won last year's AT&T Hackathon $20,000 and participated in our Digital LA - Girls App Challenge workshop. @RodeDog
- Jay Huffschmidt, Beverly Hills Porsche, Director of Marketing. Jay manages marketing and social media initiatives at Beverly Hills Porsche. @BevHillsPorsche
- Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, founder @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
AGENDA: 7:30-8p Check-in and Instagram cars in the Porsche lot! Panel 8-9p
PARKING: Metered street parking is free on some nearby city streets after 6p, and on Wilshire Blvd after 7p, or nearby garages up to $10. Do not park in the residential streets which require permits; read all signs carefully. Beverly Hills Porsche and Digital LA are not responsible for any parking tickets.
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.