San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for a discussion on China / Hong Kong tech and Silicon Beach / LA tech. Chinese companies are increasingly intersted in LA tech and Silicon Beach. From Tencent's acquisition of Riot Games to Grindr's majority investment by a Beijing games company, Chinese investment in LA tech is growing. We'll discuss:
- What's happening in China / Hong Kong tech scene, and how does it relate to LA tech and Silicon Beach? What are hot areas: FinTech, Ecommerce, VR, B2B?
- What are Chinese investors and VCs interested in Silicon Beach looking for in startups? What industries / stage? Gaining knowledge? Short term or long term? How involved are they day-to-day?
- How do LA startups that are looking to expand operations in China: Hong Kong, Beijing, or Shanghai get started? How do you set up your company, find developers, business partners, and fine tune your marketing message to Chinese markets.
- Stella Poon, Hong Kong Trade Development Council, Director, Los Angeles. Stella leads HKTDC's team in Los Angeles in facilitating companies in the Western States in the U.S. with their business needs in Hong Kong and Mainland China using the Hong Kong business platform
- Jiyuan Hu, Investment Associate, ArcheMatrix Investment Group. Conduct detailed valuation analysis and construct financial models to forecast future project performance. In LA, its primary focus is on investment in early-stage companies in seeds round and series A round. Our portfolio companies include different technologies, such as AR, VR, SAAS, Fintech and etc. Aside from direct investments, we also invested in various Venture Capital Funds, incubators and Accelerators.
· Generated investment memo and analysis reports, discussed with the final investment decision
CALL FOR SPEAKERS: Email email@example.com with CHINESE as the subject.
Thanks to our venue host:
Cross Campus is a leading collaborative, on-demand work space and business event venue. Its vision is to re-imagine the office by creating a more inspiring, productive and socially connected environment for startups, entrepreneurs and creative professionals. @CrossCampusLA
When & Where
Digital LA is the largest digital networking group based in LA, reaching more than 80,000 professionals weekly via its newsletter and social media. Digital LA organizes weekly panels and mixers for digital professionals, including startup CEOs, VCs and investors, entertainment including Hollywood movie and TV studios, music labels, agencies, video games, VFX, social media, digital advertising, developers, designers, marketing and and more. Digital LA is the founder of Silicon Beach Fest, the original and largest multi-day startup / entertainment conference. Follow @DigitalLA. Digital LA has been recognized by Forbes and the LA Times as keeping LA's tech community together via its fun and friendly events.