Join us for a live chat with Boris Johnson, Mayor of London! We will stream in Boris from the InnoTech digital conference in London to watch his speech, and then create an open live dialogue about London's growing TechCity / Digital Shoreditch tech scene, LA's Silicon Beach, and Silicon Valley. This is the first-ever three-way live chat with the Mayor of London and tech communities in LA and Silicon Valley. The panel is part of BritWeek in LA, a celebration of British achievements in California.
- Boris Johnson, Mayor of London (via Google Hangout)
- London Moderator: Jennifer Arcuri, Innotech Summit, Founder (via Google Hangout)
LA live speakers:
- LA Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, Founder. @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
- 8a-9a: Breakfast by Ye Olde King's Head, thanks to UK TI
- 9a-10a: Livestream
- Mark Terbeek, Greycroft Partners, Partner. At Greycroft, Mark focuses on investment opportunities in the digital media sector with an emphasis on online video. Previously, Mark was a partner with MK Capital, a venture fund based in Los Angeles and Chicago. He worked at McKinsey & Co., a management consulting firm. Mark has led investments and served on the boards of Machinima, ZEFR, AwesomenessTV, DramaFever, Bladelogic, Kontiki and VPNet Technologies and he was a Board Observer at Exodus Communications. Mark is a graduate of DePauw University and the Stanford Business School.
- Ivan Nikkhoo, Siemer & Associates, Managing Partner. Ivan is responsible for all facets of the practice including business development, deal sourcing, origination, conversion and executing client mandates. He is also an advisor to S&A’s venture capital arm, Siemer Ventures. He brings to S&A over 27 years of industry experience in various senior capacities both nationally and internationally. He just returned from a trip to London. Prior to joining the firm, Ivan worked at Barrington Associates, N3 Technology Fund, SOA Software and Vertex Systems. He received his MBA at USC and engineering BS at McGill University
About Innotech Summit. Innotech Summit brings together UK's leading tech startups, venture capitalists, and angels investors to network and discuss about newest tech industry trends on Apr 26 in London. Details http://innotechsummit.com/ @InnoTechSummit
Digital LA is the largest digital entertainment networking group based in LA, reaching 45,000 professionals weekly via its weekly events, newsletter and social media. Attendees are digital professionals in startups, accelerators, VCs, investors, entertainment, movies, TV/web series, music, and video games. http://digitalla.net @DigitalLA. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainment conference http://siliconbeachfest.com @SBFestLA
BritWeek is non-profit organization that hosts a program of events every spring in California to highlight and celebrate the links between the Golden State and the United Kingdom. The events promote British creativity, innovation, and excellence in California across multiple categories, including film & television, music, art, fashion, design, cuisine, retail, sport, science & technology, philanthropy, business, and more. For more information please visit www.britweek.org
About UK Trade & Investment (UKTI)
UK Trade & Investment is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy and overseas companies bring their high-quality investment to the UK's dynamic economy – acknowledged as Europe's best place from which to succeed in global business. For more information please visit www.ukti.gov.uk
Production support provided by ProductionBeast. Find out how you're connected to everyone in video production @ProductionBeast