Digital LA - Bitcoin: What You, Consumers, Merchants, Developers Need to Know
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM (PST)
Santa Monica, CA
Bitcoin has made headlines recently as a potential new worldwide virtual currency. Join us for a panel discussion on Bitcoin with industry experts. We'll discuss what Bitcoin is, how to buy, when to buy, how merchants can set up Bitcoin purchases, to advanced topics including developer tools, international effects, and additional resources for Bitcoin business / developers. We are teaming up with the Bitcoin Meetup group, with support from the Bitcoin Foundation.
- Brock Pierce, Clearstone Global Gaming Fund, Managing Director, and Bitcoin entrepreneur / guru / speaker. Brock Pierce has raised >$200M for his companies. He sits on the boards of IMI Exchange, GoCoin, ExpressCoin, Robocoin China, Mastercoin Foundation, Xfire, and Playsino. He was recently named a Bitcoin guru by USA Today, is a member of BitAngles, and has spoken about Bitcoin at events from the Milken Global Conference to Inside Bitcoin. @brockpierce
- Steve Beauregard, GoCoin, Founder / CEO. GoCoin is like PayPal for Bitcoin. GoCoin publishes a robust set of merchant APIs that companies and independent software. A long-time innovator in Internet, mobile, social media, app development and digital currency, Steve is actively speaking at International Bitcoin conferences on digital currency and merchant payment solutions. @GoCoin
- Elizabeth Ploshay, Bitcoin Foundation, Board Member, and Bitcoin Magazine, manager of communications.
- Joseph Hsieh, Expresscoin, CMO. Joseph Hsieh is a growth hacker, entrepreneur and virtual currency specialist. His last venture backed startup, Sometrics, was an analytics and virtual currency platform for social games and was acquired by American Express in 2011. Joseph consults LA startups on user acquisition and marketing.
- Michael Terpin, BitAngels founder. BitAngels invests in Bitcoin related startups. Michael is also founder of Social Radius, a social media marketing consultancy which has helped dozens of Silicon Beach companies with their social media.
- Brian Klein, Bitcoin Foundation member and partner at Baker Marquart LLP. Brian has written and spoken extensively about Bitcoin, and he is the chair of the Bitcoin Foundation’s legal advocacy committee. At Baker Marquart, he focuses on representing individuals and corporate clients. He teaches federal criminal practice at USC’s law school.
- Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, Founder. @DigitalLA @kevinwinston. Kevin is founder of Digital LA, Silicon Beach Fest, and has previously worked at Fox, MySpace, Sony and McKinsey.
- 7-8p. Checkin and Networking. Snacks provided by Krave Jerky. Tweet to eat @kravejerky
- 8-9:30p Panel
PARKING: Street parking nearby.
BITCOIN PAYMENT: Send .03030303 Bitcoin to this address to pay and register for the event.
SPONSOR: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with BITCOIN as the subject if you are interested in sponsoring. Tables are available for $250 during the networking, or we can do more.
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.