Actions and Detail Panel
Difficult Airway Course for EMS
Thu, Apr 20, 2017, 8:00 AM – Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 5:00 PM CDT
The Difficult Airway Course: EMS™
16 Contact Hours
The Definitive EMS Airway Course
- Learn the full range of airway management techniques — including use of video laryngoscopes & other advanced imaging devices, extraglottic devices, drug-assisted intubation and cricothyrotomy.
- Work with an expert faculty who knows the unique challenges facing EMS providers.
- Use all of the airway devices in small group sessions.
- Practice decision-making and airway techniques in Code AirwayTM stations.
- Face the most challenging patient scenarios in a no-risk environment. These include: elevated ICP, pulmonary edema, cardiogenic shock, status asthmaticus foreign body in the airway, direct airway trauma, multiple trauma with shock, and many more.
Didactic and Hands-on Training
- Prediction of the Difficult Airway
- Video Laryngoscopy and other advanced imaging devices
- Medication-assisted Intubation (including RSI and RSA)
- Pediatric intubation
- Endotracheal tube introducers (bougie)
- Extraglottic devices