Dietary Supplements Labeling - Avoiding Claims that Invite Scrutiny and Penalties
Friday, April 12, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This training will cover FDA requirements for labeling dietary supplements. It will show how you can avoid dietary supplement labeling claims by properly labeling your products for the US market per FDA requirements.
Why Should You Attend:
One of the most common citations made against dietary supplement companies stands in the claims made in labeling and marketing materials. Claims that pass a boundary for treating or mitigating diseases and conditions lead to a “new drug” label and a big regulatory headache.
This session will discuss how dietary supplement companies should label their products for the US market per FDA requirements, considerations to avoid claims, building regulatory compliance into company programs for development and launch of properly labeled dietary supplements. Attend this webinar to learn what claims are permissible, what constitutes a disease or drug claim, the implications of making impermissible claims and how to remedy challenged claims.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Dietary Supplement labeling.
- FDA requirements for Principal Display Panel.
- FDA requirements for Supplement Facts box.
- Other statutory and regulatory labeling requirements.
- Types of dietary supplement claims.
- Unqualified health claims.
- Qualified health claims.
- Structure-Function claims.
- Nutritive value claims.
- Claim substantiation.
- Clinical and nonclinical studies.
- Truthful and non-misleading advertising.
- FDA and FTC standards.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.