Door 7:30 / Show 8
Influential and iconic heavy metal band DIAMOND HEAD has released its first album of new material in eight years. Titled "Diamond Head," the disc features an exciting new talent in singer Rasmus Bom Andersen.
In 2014, DIAMOND HEAD invited London-based, Danish-born Ras to join the band. Together they completed a European tour, which included appearances at Hard Rock Hell and Headbangers Open Air in Germany. The spark of creativity led the band to start working on the new album in January 2015.
Brian Tatler, founder of DIAMOND HEAD, said: "When we began talking with Ras about making a new record, he said we should write the songs as a band just like DIAMOND HEAD did at the beginning of our career. There’s no substitute for writing together in the same room. We spark each other off and create something far bigger than we could have done individually."
Brian continued: "Ras has certainly renewed the energy within the band. I had no interest in doing another record, but after working with Ras on the European tour, that all suddenly changed. I wanted to make a record with him. He's a confident singer and he's not trying to fill anyone's shoes."
Speaking about the new DIAMOND HEAD album's musical direction, Brian said: "This new album has an echo of the early albums, but I always try to push our music forward somewhere new if possible."
Ras added: "All in all, this album was made with the band’s first fans foremost in mind, from start to finish. We wanted to write songs that would have ties to the best parts of the all the previous albums. We feel we have achieved what we set out to do and we hope everyone will hear and feel the DIAMOND HEAD spirit through this new eponymous record."
In general, the album lyrics focus on political and environmental themes, specifically warning that our world is in many ways leaning towards self-destruction. The opening and closing songs encapsulate these themes, while the body of the album explores subtopics in more depth, along with songs dealing with lighter subjects that aren't so heavy on the heart.
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.
Have questions about Diamond Head @ Slim's w/ Potential Threat, Suburban Paranoia?