Yes, you and your patients can live well with diabetes. With the correct treatment and lifestyle choices, it's even possible to delay the onset of complications. Come to Adena's FREE DIABETES EXPO and receive practical advice from the experts, including the latest medical therapies and lifestyle choices to stay one step ahead of diabetes.
- Recognize the importance of managing diabetes for healthy living.
- Discuss insurance/medication information.
- Identify affordable ways to grocery shop for a diabetic diet.
Discuss facts and fictions about product nutrition and labeling.
Demonstrate and sample diabetic friendly cooking recipes.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: COMMUNITY, all clinical caregivers, extended caregivers, pharmacy,chiropractors, school nurses, health department, business health and wellness providers.
Light diabetic friendly breakfast and lunch will be provided.
TOPICS, SPEAKERS, OBJECTIVES:
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Sign In, Breakfast, Sponsors, Welcome
Power Over Diabetes from Head to Toe Jose DeJesus, DO
- High level overview of Diabetes.
- Identify ways to prevent long-term complications.
Power of the Plate: Nutrition and Portions Angela Migyanko, RDLDCDE
- Recognize the benefits of good nutrition on diabetes.
- Discuss the importance of protion sizes and nutrition labels.
- Examine labeling in grocery marketing.
Power of Exercise over Diabetes Ralph Henneman, ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer, YMCA
- Debunking the excuses to get started.
- Commit to making healthy behavior changes.
- Demonstrate basic, low-impact exercises.
Pharmacy Question and Answer Ken Knipp, Adena Pharmacy
- Discuss general medication and supply information.
- Identify strategies to support treatment compliance.
- Discuss general options, medical equipment and supplies in regards to insurance.
Power Choices for Dining with Diabetes Corina Dickens- Ross County Extension Office
- Demonstrate diabetic friendly cooking options
RAFFLE DRAW - Must be present to win
TOUR YMCA - Jackson