Internal controls are mandated for public companies, but companies of all sizes can benefit from strong internal controls and process documentation. This presentation will describe what internal controls mean to small businesses and private companies. We will discuss the approach for documenting processes, identifying where the weaknesses are within a company and how to mitigate those risks by developing simple controls.
Join Chrissy Walters, CPA, MBA, as she discusses how, with a solid internal control structure, businesses can become stronger and grow; employees will become aware and accountable of the responsibilities of their positions and there will be proper documentation to enable companies to maintain consistent processes.
- Identify the reasons why companies of all sizes need strong internal controls
- How to document processes to find controls, or lack thereof
- Steps for identifying risky areas and developing simple controls to create a stronger company
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2017
- Time: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Skoda Minotti - Mayfield Village
- Lunch: 11:30 AM
- Seminar: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Instructional delivery methods: Group Live
- CPE credit: Auditing (1 CPE Credit Hour)
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced preparation: None
- Intended audience: Business Owners, CFOs, CPAs
- Program level: Basic
- Course registration requirements: None
Skoda Minotti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Cancellations: Cancellations can be enacted at any time prior to the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices at 440-449-6800 if you would like to cancel your registration. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact Brandon Ferris at email@example.com or call our offices at 440-449-6800.