Developing Transportable Skills
Date/time: October 10 & 11, 2016 / 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Program length: 4 hours
Program format: Facilitator-led; in-person training
You got the job and you have the subject matter skills to succeed in your career. Succeeding in your career may mean promotions and added responsibility. The question is how to stand out and be noticed. This workshop will focus on those soft skills you need to master to be that person that is noticed and known as a reliable and trusted employee on the fast track to promotion. Designed to be informative, engaging, and demonstrating practical application, the workshop will cover topics including:
- What are transportable skills?
- Work ethic
- Verbal, nonverbal, and written
- Goal setting
- Working under pressure
- Planning and organizing
- Professional assertiveness
- Tools and assessments
- Transportable skills review
- Participants will learn and apply various soft skills needed for success in the workplace.
- Students currently enrolled in a college or university with little or no work experience.
- Individuals preparing to enter or re-enter the workforce.
*UIndy students must register via the Professional Edge Center.
Start the registration process and learn about schedules and pricing below, or, if you're a currently enrolled UIndy student, contact the Professional Edge Center to register. For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-788-3393.