Developing Soft Skills
Date/time: October 5 & 6, 2016 / 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Program length: 4 hours
Program format: Facilitator-led; in-person training
The number one need expressed by employers across all industries and sectors is for employees that enter the workforce with the necessary soft skills to be productive, conscientious workers. This workshop begins the journey of understanding those soft skills and why they are critical for success. Designed to be informative, engaging, and demonstrating practical application, the workshop will cover topics including:
- Understanding of soft skills
- Elevator pitch
- Problem-solving strategies
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Creating time management processes
- Work ethic
- Soft skills review
- Participants will learn and apply various soft skills needed for success in the workplace.
- Students currently enrolled in a college or university with little or no work experience.
- Individuals preparing to enter or re-enter the workforce.
*UIndy students must register via the Professional Edge Center.
Start the registration process above and learn about pricing below, or, if you're a currently enrolled UIndy student, contact the Professional Edge Center to register. For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-788-3393.