DEVELOPING INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCE
Your Host: David Morley
EARLY BIRD price until March 20 2017
The ability to navigate, work with and optimise cultural differences is an essential business requirement. In this open course we will work with the Hofstede 6D model in bringing culture to life and provide you with practical tools and strategies that you can use straight away to build better relationships, influence, communicate and collaborate more effectively across countries and cultures.
The developing Intercultural Competence training will make you better equipped when faced with the challenges of intercultural business, enabling you to work effectively and confidently in an ever-changing world. You will gain a deeper understanding of what it means to work across borders and discover how to utilise cultural competence as a strength when dealing with cultural diversity.
Using a multi-method approach including case studies and lively intercultural discussions, this
- Introduce you to Hofstede’s 6-D model, a scientifically based tool that will optimise daily working practices in an intercultural context
- Increase your knowledge of and insight into the importance of your own culture in determining your behaviour
- Emphasise the significance of other cultures’ behaviours, assumptions, reactions, and expectations
- Sensitise you to identify and deal with cultural challenges in your day-to-day work
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
By completing the Intercultural Competence training programme, the participant will be able to:
- Anticipate and react appropriately to culturally sensitive situations
- Understand the reasons behind conflicts in which culture is involved
- Better recognise, understand, and effectively deal with your own experiences in an international context, with the help of the 6-D model
- Be mindful of your own culture and the effects it has on your daily work practices and understanding
Managers and employees who want to work more effectively in a global environment.
- What is culture and the impact of cultural values on behaviour in business
- Hofstede’s 6-D model on national culture - a research-based methodology
- Application of the 6-D model in real life context
- Real-life case studies, simulation games and discussions
- Action points
The interactive and practical nature of the workshop allows the participants to immediately apply
their skills to increase their effectiveness and competence when working internationally.