DEVELOPING INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCE
Your Host: Philip Sjögren
With 25 years in diplomacy and global management consulting, Philip merges the overall business perspective with the interpersonal skills required to move from intention to action. In a highly interactive training, Philip will share his personal insights explained through the most predictive intercultural model on the market, the 6-D model, allowing the participant to become more effective in intercultural environments.
If you are working in constantly changing international environment, this programme will equip you with tools to understand how your culture differs from others’, and how you can use that to your advantage in your day-to-day work.
Even the experienced intercultural manager will gain a deeper understanding of the challenges in working across borders and discover how to utilise cultural competence as a strength when dealing with cultural diversity.
Using a multi-method approach including case studies and lively intercultural discussions, this
- Introduce you to Hofstede’s 6-D model, a scientifically based tool that will optimise daily working practices in an intercultural context
- Increase your knowledge of and insight into the importance of your own culture in determining your behaviour
- Emphasise the significance of other cultures’ behaviours, assumptions, reactions, and expectations
- Sensitise you to identify and deal with cultural challenges in your day-to-day work
- Understand how culture impacts the level of trust between individuals and within teams
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
By completing the Intercultural Competence training programme, the participant will be able to:
- Anticipate and react appropriately to culturally sensitive situations
- Understand the reasons behind conflicts in which culture is involved
- Better recognise, understand, and effectively deal with your own experiences in an international context, with the help of the 6-D model
- Be mindful of your own culture and the effects it has on your daily work practices and understanding
Managers and employees who want to work more effectively in a global environment.
- What is culture and the impact of cultural values on behaviour in business
- Hofstede’s 6-D model on national culture - a research-based methodology
- Application of the 6-D model in real life context
- Real-life case studies, simulation games and discussions
- Action points
The interactive and practical nature of the workshop allows the participants to immediately apply
their skills to increase their effectiveness and competence when working internationally.