In an increasingly complex and diverse working world, ensure you have the necessary skills to interact effectively across cultures:
- Intercultural Competence ranked #4 of top 10 work skills and central to team performance
- INCREASE: negotiation success, productivity, profits, customer satisfaction
- DECREASE: miscommunication, lost revenue, staff turnover
Develop Key Cross-Cultural Skills (1-Day Course):
- What is culture and why should we be aware of differences?
- What aspects of culture are important for me to understand?
- How can I better interact with people from other cultures?
- What steps can I take to improve my own cultural awareness and how can this affect my work performance?
- Participants will have their own intercultural competence assessed using the Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®)* and receive a personalized Development Plan with coaching session (at a later date)
* The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®)is a questionnaire that assesses intercultural competence—the capability to shift cultural perspective and appropriately adapt behavior to cultural differences and commonalities.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who may interact with people across cultures
- Those looking for ways to improve their own intercultural skills or those of their organization
- Anyone looking to expand activities beyond national borders
- Those planning to relocate to another country or travel internationally
What is included?
- All course materials
- Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) assessment (optional)
- Personalized Development Plan with coaching session (optional)
- Lunch and refreshments
About your Trainer:
Wayne Henry, the founder of Henry International Consulting has been active in the International Education and Intercultural Training field for over 20 years. He was born and raised in the USA and then lived in Japan for 8 years, Europe for 14 years, traveling to 40+ countries through his work with various universities and businesses. He has conducted numerous intercultural training sessions throughout his career and has helped hundreds develop effective intercultural skills.
Customized training can be provided for any organization in the USA or abroad. The initial consultation is completely free. Contact us to develop your cross-cultural solutions.