Actions and Detail Panel
Designing projects to Make Meaningful Work (Seattle)
Wed 22 March 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
What if we could create an ecosystem that encourages people to thrive?
People love ...
- Working with other people and projects that matters
- Positively influencing and learning from the people they work with
- Energising people they work with to be and do better
- Having a shared sense of narrative and purpose
- Continuously learning from customers.
But sometimes people spend significant amounts of time at work on projects that do not provide meaning for themselves and others.
We all get caught up with the workings, speed and delivery of our projects that we forget about ...
- Our own wellbeing
- To reflect on our project stories and observations
- To share those observations with the people we work with on our own teams and on other teams
- Collate the aggregated learnings from projects to determine what it means for better integrated practices over time.
This results in people feeling purposeless, stressed, unhealthy and in a state of "sleepwalking".
So this presentation together will help us ...
- Take a step back and breather from our projects
- Examine the frustrations at work
- Look at what a successful project does and does not do
- Examine the soft skills needed to nurture our own capabilities
- Look at key project artifacts needed to help us prioritise and focus on what matters
- Look at an integrated framework for make meaningful work
Finally, this presentation will leave participants with a manifesto for make meaningful work and an integrated framework to help us all move from being stuck (“Sleepwalking”) on projects to help us flow (“Sparkle).
- Doors open: 6:30 PM
- Networking: 6:30-7PM
- Talk: 7 -8:30 PM
- Wrap up: 8:30- 9PM
Speaker - Dan Szuc
Dan is a co-founder and principal at Apogee and co-founder of Make Meaningful Work, as well as the co-founder of UX Hong Kong. He has been involved in the UX field for over 20 years, and has been based in Hong Kong for over 20 years. Dan has lectured about user-centered design globally. He has co-authored two books including Global UX with Whitney Quesenbery and the Usability Kit with Gerry Gaffney.
Dan has presented about "Make Meaningful Work" globally including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Canada, India and the UK to name a few and has consulted and presented the same to LinkedIn, Fidelity, HSBC, Cathay Pacific, Reuters, eBay, Nokia, Dell and Net-a-Porter to name a few. He can be found on Twitter at: @dszuc