Length: 5 Days
About this Course
This course describes how to design and monitor high performance, highly available data solutions with SQL Server 2012. This course focuses on creating plans and designs for database structure, storage, objects, and servers. Students will have the opportunity to practices hands-on skills and design tasks in a virtual lab environment and will learn about topics such as data compression, high availability, data migration, security, and scalability.
This course maps to skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-465, and in conjunction with on-the-job experience, can help prepare your for the exam.
This course is intended for individuals who design database solutions for organizations and have experience with database development and administering SQL Server databases. These individuals design databases as their primary area of responsibility. They are responsible to plan and design database structure, storage, objects, and servers. They also create the plan for the environment in which the database solution runs.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design an appropriate database server infrastructure for a given business application scenario
- Design a logical schema for a database based on application requirements
- Design the physical implementation of a database for a given set of requirements
- Evaluate options for including binary large object data in a database design
- Plan and manage indexes to optimize performance
- Describe the key considerations for designing security for SQL Server instances and databases
- Plan policy-based management to manage server instances, databases, and other SQL Server 2012 objects more efficiently
- Plan SQL Server health monitoring
- Implement SQL Server health monitoring by using SQL Server Utility
- Identify and implement the appropriate backup strategy for a given scenario
- Plan and manage multi-server maintenance and automation
- Understand the benefits of using PowerShell to manage SQL Server 2012
- Design an optimal replication strategy from a given set of business and technical requirements
- Plan and implement a high availability solution
Discover Information Technology and Training